My Top Ten Songs | October

Wednesday, October 29, 2014



Hey guys!

Today I’m posting my top ten songs for October. I’ll be telling you what music I’ve been enjoying throughout the month and I’m thinking of making this a monthly thing too so I hope you’ll like that!

1.      Wild Heart – The Vamps
One of my favourite songs by The Vamps is Wild Heart, and since the concert I went to at the start of the month, I’ve been enjoying listening to it all the time. I always forget how good it is and I think it’s one of my all-time favourite songs.

2.      Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran
I could just make this list solely of Ed Sheeran songs because X has been the album I’ve listened to the most this month, but Tenerife Sea is my recent favourite. The lyrics are amazing (along with the rest of his album) and it is a really incredible song. Personally I think this is one of the best songs on his album, and I think my least favourites are actually Sing and Don’t! I just feel like I connect with songs like Tenerife Sea and Thinking Out Loud a lot more.

3.      Paint The Town Green – The Script
As soon as I heard this song on their new album No Sound Without Silence, I knew it was my favourite on the whole album. It has a real Irish vibe to it and I can’t wait to hear it live on their tour next year. I’m hoping they open the show with it, I think it would really get the crowd going!

4.      Outside – Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding
The last couple of days I’ve had this song on repeat. I heard there was a new song by Calvin Harris and Ellie Goulding and thought it would be good after I Need Your Love. As soon as I heard it I loved it and kept pressing the repeat button!

      5.      Glow – Ella Henderson
I can’t to get Ella’s album as I heard it came out recently. I loved Ghost and also have been listening to her newest song Glow. Ella Henderson has a fantastic voice and I’ve loved listening to her music lately.

      6.     Steal My Girl – One Direction
Nowadays I’m not the hugest fan of One Direction but nevertheless, I was excited for their new single Steal My Girl. At the first hear of the title, I was unsure, but I was proved wrong when I heard the song. I didn’t think Midnight Memories was One Direction’s best work, but if Steal My Girl is anything to go by, it could be a good album.

      7.      Wrapped Up – Olly Murs
I really like Olly Murs and of course was excited when he announced his 4th album and new single. Wrapped Up comes out in November so I’m sure I’ll be listening to it a lot more then but Olly Murs is definitely one to watch and his next album could be another great one if this first song is anything to go by.

8.      Blame – Calvin Harris ft. John Newman
Another one by Calvin Harris, this time featuring John Newman. I like John Newman’s voice and he is one of my best friend’s favourites so he always reminds me of her. I have listened to Blame a lot this month, it’s a great song.

9.      Changing - Sigma ft. Paloma Faith
As much as I don't really like Paloma Faith, but I LOVE this song! I've been listening to it a lot since I heard someone perform it on the X Factor and really like the chorus part especially.

10.   Air Guitar – McBusted
As a huge McFly fan, I was a little disappointed with Air Guitar – I have to be honest. I didn’t feel Air Guitar was what McFly would sing and compare the lyrics of a song like Love Is Easy to Air Guitar (karaoke and dating popstars?!); there is definitely no comparison. I was also slightly annoyed that Danny only got two songs and James and Matt sang so much. However, the track has definitely grown on me since the first listen and I actually quite like it now. It is a little bit outdated and sounds like it belongs in the days of Busted in 2003, but it’s a fun song. I’m quite looking forward to hearing their album in December… I’ll look past the terrible song titles like “How’s Your Hair” and “In Da Club” and hope some of the songs have better lyrics and sound a little more like the McFly I know and love.

So that’s my top ten songs of October! Make sure you comment your favourite song of the month and let me know if you’re excited for November’s songs! I’m also now hoping to post once a week so you’ll be hearing a lot more from me from now on!


You Might Also Like

0 comments