Taylor Swift 1989 || Review

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Recently I have been loving Taylor Swift's new album 1989. After hearing that it was a good album I bought it a couple of weeks ago and haven't stopped listening to it.


I was hoping to buy the deluxe version as I did really want the poloroids that came with it but unfortunately they only had the normal version in the shop and I was so desperate to buy it I bought it there and then instead of waiting. First of all, I love the album cover, it looks so pretty! I actually put it on instagram because it is so photogenic.

The album starts with Welcome To New York which is one of my favourites. It's really catchy and it's been said that it has a real 80's vibe to it (not that I know anything about the 80's), but I guess that's because the album is called 1989. Then we go to Blank Space, which of course is Taylor's latest single. I love it and honestly that song persuaded me to buy the album. The next song on the album is Style which is possibly my favourite of the album, it's really dreamy and I hope she chooses to release it as a single. Out Of The Woods is the fouth track on the album and it has such a catchy chorus! The first four songs on the album are probably my favourites, I also love All You Had To Do Was Stay, Bad Blood, Wildest Dreams and I Know Places. I may as well list them all!

My least favourite song on the album which I haven't listened to as much is Shake It Off. Although I have warmed to it a lot since I didn't like it very much at first, it's a bit of a different sound to the rest of the album. Saying that, it's a very catchy song so I think it was a good first single.

I have fallen in love with Taylor Swift's voice, she is such a good singer and performer! The lyrics of the songs of the album, which she wrote of course, are really beautiful and powerful. Her writing is simply stunning.

Overall, 1989 is my favourite album at the moment and I'm looking forward to Taylor bringing out more singles because so many of the songs on the album could be number ones in my opinion. Have you listened to 1989? Comment your favourite songs below and don't forget to follow my blog on bloglovin'.
Erin♡




You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Nice review! I nominated you for the Infinity Dreams Award... check out my recent post for more details x

    allthatjasx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that sounds great, I'll check it out! <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this album, style is my fave!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete