August Favourites

Tuesday, September 01, 2015


august favourites


Where has the summer gone? 
Today is the 1st of September. I'm writing about my August favourites. ALREADY. I go back to school in only two days! The summer has been a complete blur. What have I been enjoying throughout it?

mac raybans

Beauty - MAC Lipstick in Patisserie
Beauty wise, I have been loving my MAC lipstick in the shade Patisserie. I bought it at the end of last month and how could I not include it in this month's favourites? It is such a beautiful lipstick shade, feels so good on my lips and lasts a long time too!

Ray-Ban Sunglasses
I have also loved my new Ray-Ban sunglasses I bought on holiday. I love the style of them - my other sunglasses are Wayfarers, but these are the Rayban Erika style. They are more rounded than Wayfarers and I really like that. I have really enjoyed wearing them whilst I was on holiday, and also the ocassional sunny day in England too.

App - QuizUp
I actually have an app favourite this month, and it is the game QuizUp. I first saw this app in a video by Jim Chapman and Tanya Burr. The game looked really fun so I decided to give it a go myself. As the title of the app suggests, it is a quiz game. There are a huge variety of categories, from films, music and logos (I personally play the One Direction quiz the most!). You can play againist friends or the app selects a random opponent for you. I think QuizUp is really addictive and lots of fun!

tom fletcher mcbusted lytham festival

Music - McBusted
My music favourite has to be McBusted. This month I saw them live and was lucky enough to be at the barrier, so close to the boys! I have already made a whole blogpost about my experience here so I won't ramble on about it too much, but it is certainly an experience I won't forget in a hurry!

Drag Me Down - One Direction
I have also been loving One Direction's new single Drag Me Down this month! I'm going to see them in October, just over a month away now (it feels so crazy saying that!) so no doubt you'll hear about their concert then. I love the new sound of Drag Me Down and cannot wait for the album!

the dinosaur that pooped the bed


Book - The Dinosaur That Pooped The Bed
I've also already talked about my book favourites in my previous blogpost, three fiction books I've read this summer, however I have a special mention for The Dinosaur That Pooped The Bed, the fourth story in the children's book series by Tom Fletcher and Dougie Poynter.


I know, this is not my usual choice of book, but it is wrote by half of my favourite band McFly! They did a book signing in Manchester last Friday, the day after the release of the new book, and I was lucky enough to go and meet them! Only 20 days after I saw them front row in concert, I met Tom and Dougie themselves, which I never expected would happen! They were lovely people and I had the best day, even though we had to queue for over 3 hours!

Let me know your favourites in the comments below! I'm also hoping to revamp my blog a little bit soon so stay tuned for that!


You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. That lipstick looks gorgeous ! I love Mcfly and I think the dinosaur series of books is really cute and funny aha :) I loved this post :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ahh you like McFly!? No way! I love them so much haha! x

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, you have Quizup!! The One Direction quizzes are my favourites too! what's your username on there? Maybe we could quiz eachother? Also, I'm obsessed with Drag Me Down too! It's one of their best yet, and I love every single one of their songs so that's saying something!!!
    xxx Georgia xxx
    georgieblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to play Quizup with you! I think my username is Erin Croasdale so let me know yours and we could play! I agree, Drag Me Down is one of my favourites! Thanks x

      Delete
    2. I've added you! My username is just Georgia xxx

      Delete
  3. Amazing favourites, I posted my faves on my blog if you're interested! Drag me down was also one of mine, I can't stop playing it on repeat! The lipstick is so pretty, and I've always wanted a pair of ray bands... so jel lol! :)
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check out yours now! Thank you!x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! I absolutely love that shade, such a nice pinky nude!x

      Delete
  5. I just downloaded the QuizUp app and now I can't stop playing it even though I keep losing haha. I used to play a similar game called trivia crack but that one is more general questions under like 6 categories I think. You're so luck that you get to meet so many of your favorite bands :D I can't wait to hear all about the 1D concert!

    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I hope you enjoy it! I also used to play trivia crack but I hardly ever knew the answers haha. Thank you so much, I can't believe how lucky I've been this year!x

      Delete
    2. haha same i get so stressed out with being timed which results in me losing most of the games but it's still so fun haha. By the way, I LOVE love love the new layout! :D <3

      Delete
  6. It's crazy how quickly this summer has gone! I lovveee that Mac lipstick so much, it's such a pretty shade.

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete