Delirium - Ellie Goulding | Review

Friday, January 15, 2016


For Christmas I recieved Ellie Goulding's new album Delirium. After enjoying her latest singles such as On My Mind, I expected her album to be good. However, her album is more than just 'good'. I'd best describe it as 'incredible'. Here is why.

The first actual song on the album (after the intro piece) is Aftertaste. Aftertaste is the perfect start to the album, and one of my favourites of the whole thing. Other songs I really like on the album include Keep On Dancin', Codes, Don't Panic and Paradise.

Army, her latest single, also has to be one of my favourites. The lyrics are beautifully wrote about her best friend and the song is really powerful.

The Deluxe version of Delirium contains 22 songs. I was doubtful that all 22 songs would be good, but each of them bring something to the album. I certainly wouldn't complain that there are too many songs. The only track I am unsure about is I Do What I Love - what I would describe as an angrier version of Taylor Swift's Bad Blood with the loud drum beats, it has definitely grown on me since the first time I listened to it.

In contrast to I Do What I Love, there are quite a few songs on the album with a soft sound such as We Can't Move To This, Heal, and the first single from the album Love Me Like You Do.

Overall, I would say Delirium is one of my favourite albums recently, and also Ellie's best album yet. Let me know an album you have been loving in the comments!


You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I am really thinking of buying this album now! Great post!
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this album about a month ago and am obsessed! As you said, it's so good! I'm going to one of Ellie's concerts next Saturday x

    Alice
    www.girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous, I wish I could see her live! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  3. I've loved Ellie Goulding ever since 'Your Song'! Bo xx

    meetmeinmelford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE Ellie Goulding !! I was so excited for the release of this album :) I do see what you mean about I do what I love being a slightly angry taylor swift-esque song but it's grown on me too :)

    Lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shockingly, I haven't listened to this yet. I'm disappointed in myself haha! It sounds like you really love it though, so I definitely need to get my hands on a copy asap. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Erin!

    Bethany | Curly and Wordy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely worth getting your hands on a copy! Thanks for reading Bethany x

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. The album really is worth listening to! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  7. I may have to download this! I never used to like her but her music is growing on me! :) x

    carlygrant.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should give it a listen! x

      Delete
  8. Can I just say, I love the new style of your blog!! I always really love your pictures :D I haven't actually heard the full album yet but I really want to :) I'll have to do that later today. Great review x

    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You definitely should! x

      Delete
  9. I'm definitely going to have a listen to this album. I love Ellie Goulding's voice!

    Jane
    www.queenofquirk.com

    ReplyDelete