5 Simple Ways To Refresh Your Blog This New Year

Friday, January 01, 2016

5 simple ways to refresh your blog this new year
Happy 2016! To kick off this year I have  recently given my blog a complete new look! I am really happy with it and ready to start 2016 with lots of fresh blog post ideas.  Today I am sharing 5 easy ways to refresh your blog ready for 2016.

Colour Scheme: Last year, the colour scheme of my blog was lots of purple and pink, so this year I have changed it to mainly monochrome white and black, with touches of green. Changing things as simple as the colour of your blog text can make a huge difference.

Font: Make sure the font of your post text is easy to read, not only make sure it is an easy colour to read but also an easy font. There's nothing worse than when a blog post is written so well, but is impossible to read because they have an illegible font.

Titles: Go through all the posts you have posted in the last year and make sure they have catchy titles  so readers will click on them while viewing your blog.

Header: A new header can make your blog feel completely different. I make my headers using Picmonkey, an online photo editor which is so easy to use. If you get bored of your blog header easily like I do, the new year can be the perfect time to make a new one.

About Me Page: How long ago did you update your about page? Rewrite or update your about page ready for the new year.

Are you refreshing your blog ready for the new year? Let me know in the comments!


You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Some brilliant tips here!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing posts like these because I really enjoy improving my blog :) I'm absolutely loving the new look it's so lovely to read from and I like this color scheme!

    Lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So do I, so I thought I would have a go at writing one myself! x

      Delete
  3. I am thinking about revamping my blog as I have just become a bit bored of they style and thanks for the reminder that I have got to check my about me page, I wrote it in a rush when I first started my blog and I really need to re do it! Great tips:)

    Emma's World x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look your blog desgin! Canva is another great tool for bloggers! It can make basically anything its so good x


    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have never used Canva but I will take a look at it now! x

      Delete
  5. These are all really simple but good ideas! I recently changed up my blog design for the new year too (loving yours though) Bo xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your new blog design x

      Delete
  6. Some great tips! I would definitely love to update my 'about' page whenever I get round it :D I will keep these in mind, I love your new look! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice tips. thanks for sharing
    wendeeisaacs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, thanks for reading! x

      Delete