3 Favourite Lipsticks

Monday, June 06, 2016


Lipsticks are one of my favourite items of makeup, so today I have decided to write a post all about my 3 favourites!

 
The first of the lipsticks I will be sharing today is a MAC one, in the shade Patisserie. This is a lustre finish, meaning it's not too long lasting, however it is very moisturising on the lips. It is such a lovely pinky-nude and also the first product I ever bought from MAC, so it has a special place in my heart!



Next up is a Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick from their nude collection in the shade 43. I used to shy away from this shade because it is quite an orange toned nude, however recently I have started wearing it a lot more. I own a lot of pink toned lip products so this is something different in my collection and that is why I love it so much. I definitely want to look for more orange toned nude lipsticks now.
My final lipstick is another one from MAC! MAC lipsticks are my favourite ever, one reason being they have so many different finishes so there is something for all tastes. This one is a satin finish, in the shade Faux. Faux is a lot more pigmented than Patisserie and much longer lasting. It's not quite a matte, and actually feels very creamy and not drying at all.

Swatches of the 3 lipsticks:


As you can see, Patisserie is much more glossy than the other two lipsticks. I love the lustre formula because it feels moisturising on the lips, yet also isn't sticky like a lip gloss. Rimmel's 43 is much more orange toned than the other two, something I have been loving lately. MAC's Faux is very pigmented, because it is a satin finish.

What is your favourite lipstick?

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. I was looking for a Mac lipstick and I was going to get Patisserie but got Mehr instead! Might have to be my next purchase!

    www.mybeautyandbrownies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mehr is a shade I would love to try, it looks so nice! You should definitely try Patisserie x

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely post! I think my favourite lipstick is either Maybelline 207 or L'Oreal's Julianne's Nude! Congratulations on 400 lovely!
    Charlotte <3
    http://vieaveccharlotte.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Charlotte! L'Oreal's Julianne's Nude looks so nice and is a lipstick I really want to try! x

      Delete
  3. All those colours are so gorgeous, I might buy Rimmel 43, it seems perfect for summer! xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It is also really affordable! x

      Delete
  4. I've never used any Mac lipsticks before these shades are so pretty

    Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! Defintely check out MAC lipsticks, they are incredible! x

      Delete
  5. Faux looks really pretty! Might have to pick that up next time!

    Nicole | In The Life of NM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo yes you have to! It really is a gorgeous nude shade x

      Delete
  6. Faux is absolutely stunning! Going to have to add this to my collection!

    Vickie | dearvictoria.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely! Definitely an essential for any lipstick collection! x

      Delete
  7. i have not try any of those before (except kate moss lipstick) but i like those shade. it is very beautiful! x

    jess x | https://wellwellgirls.blogspot.tw/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faux looks like a shade I would wear! All of these are such beautiful nudey shades!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mac Faux is definitely a shade I have been hunting for!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really lovely shade, worth the hunt! x

      Delete
  10. Faux is a gorgeous shade! MAC is one of my favourite brands for lipsticks! My favourite lipstick shade from MAC would probably be Taupe!

    http://www.kimbercat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of these lipsticks look so lovely. I have never owned a Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick, but the shade 43 looks right up my street! Thanks for sharing!
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rimmel's lipsticks are really affordable and yet still amazing quality! 43 is such a wearable shade! x

      Delete
  12. I have never heard of MAC Patisserie lipsticks! Such a shame as it is a very beautiful colour - right up my street :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should look into it! It's so nice x

      Delete