Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil | Review

Saturday, June 11, 2016

I checked my blogging schedule ready to write today's post. I panicked. I hadn't planned a post for today and I didn't have a clue what to write, until I spotted this month's issue of Elle on the table, which came with a free sample of a new Benefit product, the Goof Proof brow pencil.

I was so excited when I saw that Benefit have a new brow range coming out on 24th June, consisting of brand new packaging and 6 new products, the Goof Proof pencil being one of them. The Elle magazine retailed at £4.10 which is a great price since the pencil is probably worth about £6, being a sample size. 

The first thing I noticed about the product is of course the stunning packaging. Benefit have redesigned the packaging of all their brow products, they now come in beautiful silver and I think they look really sleek together. The full sized Goof Proof comes with product on one end and a spoolie on the other, a feature I think is very useful.

Unfortunately you can't choose what shade comes with your magazine, and as a girl with brows that couldn't possibly get any darker, I was quite disappointed to see that I had received the second lightest shade out of 6. Nethertheless, I still tried the product out because I was excited to see what it was like.

I found the Goof Proof pencil so easy to use, which is a good sign since I have never used a product like it before. It is shaped so it has a pointed end to define the brow but also a wide tip which makes filling in so easy. The product glides on and I was very impressed. I think if it was in a darker shade I would love it. 

When the full new brow collection comes out on 24th June I will definitely be popping over to my local Benefit counter, although I'm not sure I will purchase a full sized Goof Proof I do have my eye on some other products such as the Precisely, My Brow Pencil.

Have you picked up this month's Elle yet?

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. Lovely post Erin. It's so informative and I'm sure it will help many people if they are on the hunt for a new eyebrow product! I've never tried anything from Benefit, so I'll definitely consider checking this out someday in the near future :) x

    Jade | simplyjadey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jade! Benefit are one of my favourite makeup brands, their products never dissapoint me so they are definitely worth trying! x

      Delete
  2. This pencil looks amazing
    http://nuclearglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have not try it before but it sounds amazing:)

    jess x | https://wellwellgirls.blogspot.tw/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely look into getting the sample then! x

      Delete
  4. I also received the 2nd lightest shade, its slightly warm toned for my brows but its good when you pair it up with Archery! I love the formula :) Great review! xx

    Phoebe & Abida | phoebida.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need Archery! It's a product I've been tempted to buy for such a long time! Thank you so much x

      Delete
  5. I've heard such good things about Benefit's brow products, I really like the sound of this one! I might need to go try it out x
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! All Benefit's products are really good but I really love this one x

      Delete
  6. I'm definitely excited for the new brow collection! ELLE UK isn't available here in Finland so I haven't been able to get my hands on the goof proof brow pencil yet. But I'm definitely looking forward to trying it and other products out once the collection launches.

    www.saarasofia.com | Bloglovin’ 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! You should definitely look out for the brow range when Benefit fully launch it in a couple of weeks though! x

      Delete
  7. This such a great sample and now that its in Elle magazine I will have to pick it up! The new benefit brow range looks insane so I really want to try this! Great post
    -Alice
    alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Their new brow range really does look amazing so you must make sure you pick up the sample in Elle! x

      Delete
  8. What a great sample! Really want to try benefits new brow range, there seems to be a great hype around it at the moment. Lovely post - will now have to go buy Elle magazine for this month!
    Beth X

    bethabigail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you must! I can't wait for their full brow launch soon! Thank you x

      Delete
  9. The packaging of this product is stunning but I wont be buying this anytime soon because they test on animals, thanks for sharing x
    http://thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no I had no idea! That is such a shame! The packaging is lovely though x

      Delete
  10. I haven't picked up Elle yet as I didn't realise it came with a tester! I might go look for one now, lovely post Erin xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your blog is amazing! I love it! xx
    Would you like to follow each other? If yes, please follow me on the both of my blogs and let me know in the comments of my newest posts so I can follow you ASAP.
    Have a great day!

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to try Benefit new products, I wish I picked up a copy to test it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sample was so useful to test the product! Definitely head down to your local Benefit counter!x

      Delete