NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

If you read my blog often you may know that a product I have been lusting for a lot recently are the NYX soft matte lip creams. I finally managed to purchase two over the past few weeks - the first shade I bought was 'Athens' and I later went to buy 'Abu Dhabi'.

First of all I commend NYX on their lovely packaging. I love how they are all colour co-ordinated to their shade so I can easily see which is which in my makeup storage, and I think they look very cute.

The lip creams are unlike anything I've ever tried before and I think that added to my excitement to try the product. They may be liquid with an applicator - which makes applying very easy, but they are nothing like a lip gloss. They aren't sticky but feel really soft on your lips, which is probably why it says 'soft' in their name. Eventually they dry on your lips matte and I am very impressed with how they set. The lip creams last a really long time - through eating and drinking mine still hadn't come off!

I bought Athens first, a nude shade that I loved that so much I went to get another shade. I ended up choosing Abu Dhabi because it is still a nude but darker and more brown toned. I am very used to pink toned lipsticks so I have really enjoyed something a bit different with these lip creams.

Swatches of the lip creams:
As you can see, Abu Dhabi is a lot more brown toned, Athens is quite peach toned. A shade I would quite like to try is 'London' because this is probably the middle ground of the two.


I would definitely like to purchase more shades (there's 21 in total!) and at only £5.50 what's not to love?

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. These are both such pretty shades! So need to try these

    Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so good for the price! Those are lovely shades xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried those!

    Mia x. | https://my-world-vibes.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These lippies are amazing! I only own one- a pastel pink color. It's gorgeous! Perfect for summer. Lovely post, Erin! xx

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound like a lovely summer shade! Thank you x

      Delete
  5. I keeeeeep meaning to pick a few of these up, I'm so pleased they're in Boots now!
    Athens definitely looks like my kinda shade, so I'll definitely be buying that next time I see it

    Becca x
    http://www.beccasfashionandlife.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post! I really want to try out one of the lip creams but I have no idea which one, there are so many to choose from.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are a lot to choose from aren't there, my hand ends up covered in swatches! x

      Delete
  7. I desperately want some of these they look amazing! Not sure what shade though... x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is such a varied colour selection it's hard to choose! x

      Delete
  8. Such beautiful shades and I'm sure they look amazing on you, as you mentioned 'London' being an in-between shade maybe I'll try it! xo

    emsirose.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really recommend that! x

      Delete
  9. Every time I go to the store to purchase these they are sold out!! Drives me crazy. I LOVE the color Abu Dhabi though!! Very pretty!!

    With love,
    http://dilarabosak.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I have been very lucky they haven't been sold out any shop I've been to! x

      Delete
  10. I have the shade Tokyo, and I love it so much!! I love the colours you have! xox

    Emma• www.emmalanglands.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the soft matte lip cremes! In my opinion, NYX does some of the best drugstore lip products!!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams. These two shades are especially some of my favorites.

    Check out my blog at:
    themarshallwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete