7 Affordable Blog Photo Props

Monday, August 22, 2016


Since photography is a huge part of blogging, today I thought I would write another post about it - this time dedicated to some affordable 'props' you can use to spruce up any blog photo.

Jewellery:
I keep a few rings by the side of where I take my blog photos and use them very often. You could pick up a set of rings from somewhere like New Look really cheap and they work wonders in blog photos - if I have a blank space that needs filling up in my flatlay I'll pop a ring in that area.


Magazines:
I started noticing magazines being used in blog photos, so I saved a couple and tried it out myself. It is really effective to bring texture to your photos, and you probably always have magazines lying around anyway!

Marble:
The marble background is probably my favourite blog photography prop of them all, and the best part it is - it's free! I've actually shared this tip already here because I love it so much, I just printed off a marble background from Google Images and it never fails!


Pretty Fabrics/clothes:
If you need to add some colour or texture to your photos, grab something like a pretty blouse or this tartan scarf I have used and it works really well. I know I'm going to be using the scarf a lot in my autumn posts because the colours of it scream autumn to me.

Makeup:
I am always getting my MAC lipsticks out for my flatlays, even if a blog post doesn't really concern them. They are pretty and small enough to fill blank space, so I'm often grabbing makeup - it doesn't help that I take blog photos right next to where I keep all my makeup.

 
Technology (eg. phones):
This one's always been a little tricky for me because I use my phone to take photos, but I like using gadgets such as my phone in photos, especially when the post is about blogging tips, just like this one.

Stationery:
If you're a stationery lover like me, you'll most likely have lots of cute pens and notebooks lying around! I love to use stationery in lifestyle posts especially.


What props do you like to use in your blog photos? I am always looking for new ways to improve my flatlays!

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these tips - going to try these myself

    Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do, I'd love to see! x

      Delete
  2. Loved this so much! I love to include flowers in my photos... but it's not actually as affordable as you think - because you ned to buy new flowers every week :P

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try that! I guess it's not the most affordable but it's worth it every so often right? x

      Delete
  3. Nice post! I always feel I am running out of ideas for props for photos, thankfully I have a little more inspiration now.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good ideas / tips! Can't wait to try these ideas out myself. I often struggle to fill that last bit of empty space. Thank you xx


    http://www.paintingoctober.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be hard sometimes, can't it! It's hard to get your photo to be not too cluttered while also not too spacious, and I think some of these props can help fix that! x

      Delete
  5. All of these ideas are great! I love using things like knitted blankets and throws to spice p my blog photography :)

    Mae ♥

    http://sweetasmae.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea, I'll have to try it1 Thanks for commenting Mae x

      Delete
  6. I love using jewellery for blog photos. x

    www.thelisasworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely LOVE these tips Erin! I never thought of using all of these different materials in a photo. Plus that tip on how to get the marble background is simply brilliant!

    Thank you for sharing! :-)

    Emma @ Emma's Bookery

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, you have given us some really good ideas here Erin! I already use rings in most of my photos, so I think I'm going to experiment with magazines next, considering I have a couple laying around. I also place most of my products on a soft lace blanket that both my sister, and I had since we were babies. I feel like it's better than the plain background in my bathroom!!

    Jade xx | simplyjadey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post! I absolutely love those tips! Thanks for sharing! Xx

    Althea | itsnotalthea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post! Definitely going to be trying out some of these tips!

    Hannah | alongsidehannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a helpful post! I especially like the way any type of blogger can use this to help them with their photography (eg. beauty, fashion lifestyle bloggers etc.) ♡ Lily xx

    meetmeinmelford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tips Erin! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete