First Impressions | Collab

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Today's post is a collab with my lovely blogging friend Izzy of The Pastel Style. Her blog is amazing so make sure you go and check it out after reading this post! We both love all things beauty and makeup related and since we have both bought some new products recently, we thought we would share our first impressions of a few new products today.

MAC Lipstick - Velvet Teddy
I have wanted Velvet Teddy - the lipstick coined by so many bloggers as the perfect nude - for a really long time now, so I was really happy when my Auntie got it for me as a present. It really is the perfect brown toned nude, something I have been really enjoying lately rather than pink tones. It is a matte finish but not drying at all. This is definitely a must have for any lipstick lovers out there.


Makeup Revolution Iconic Lights and Contour Palette
I've spoken about how much I've been wanting to try the brand Makeup Revolution on my blog before, so I'm very excited that the first product I'm trying out from them is their contour palette. It comes with 4 beautiful highlight shades and 4 brown shades. The highlight shades I am so impressed with, they are more pigmented than any other powder highlights I've tried without being too in your face. The brown shades I'm not sure about using for contour yet because they are fairly warm toned, recently I've been using them as eyeshadow while I get used to them. The pans are huge and great quality so I really want to try more from Makeup Revolution now.



NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams - Stockholm and Zurich
Yes, I have tried the NYX lip creams before so I hope this isn't considered cheating a first impressions post, but the other day I picked up two new shades, in Stockholm and Zurich. I wanted a couple of slightly pinker toned nudes because my other two - Athens and Abu Dhabi, are really brown toned. I really like both these shades, particularly Zurich, and they feel amazing on the lips - like I'm not wearing any at all.
 

NYX Hot Singles Eye Shadow - Day Club
I have found that NYX eyeshadows are really pigmented and this one is no exception. Day Club is a shimmery gold toned brown. I was thinking of picking up a matte brown when I went to the NYX counter, but after spotting this stunning shade which I don't own anything quite like, I couldn't resist, espeically for £3.50.



Make sure you read Izzy's post now here and let me know what makeup you're loving recently in the comments.


You Might Also Like

36 comments

  1. I love all of these products, i'm loving warm brown tones right now as well! I still can't believe I've not purchased velvet teddy yet, it looks so beautiful!

    Shannice Alice xo - https://goo.gl/qG21qD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! You should definitely check out Velvet Teddy Shannice, it's gorgeous! x

      Delete
  2. I really want to buy the MAC Velvet Teddy lipstick. I love any sort of brown matte lip right now!

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they are my favourite to wear at the moment! I'm so happy to own it now! x

      Delete
  3. I love the sofe matte creams! I will have to try out this one as I think they had sold out when I went into my local Boots. I love collabing with you x
    http://thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I loved collabing with you too! I really recommend trying out those shades, let me know if you do! x

      Delete
  4. I really want to try that makeup revolution contour kit and that Nyx single eyeshadow is such a gorgeous shade! Loved this! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The contour kit is really good, the shade range is so impressive! Let me know your thoughts if you try it! The NYX eyeshadow is a really lovely shimmer shade! x

      Delete
  5. Ooh great post☺ That NYX eyeshadow looks stunning, I may have to have a look at some of the other shades and purchase one (or two haha)! Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leonie! Let me know if you check out other shades, I'd love to hear your thoughts! I think I'm going to have to pop in to Boots and pick up some more myself! x

      Delete
  6. I love this post, Erin! Your photos are absolutely gorgeous. Wish I had that kind of talent! Lovely post! xx

    If you're ever looking to collab again, please email me gmcginniss@gmail.com

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will make sure I keep you in mind if I want to collab some time, I've got quite a few collabs planned at the moment though! x

      Delete
  7. Lovely post with gorgeous photos but blimey does that magazine bring back some memories! I still have the same issue floating around somewhere - it's such a shame they don't make it anymore ❤ Lily xx

    meetmeinmelford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too! I wanted to use some magazines in my blog photos but Glamour didn't have the prettiest of pages... I remembered Company used to look very pretty so I hunted my old issue out! x

      Delete
  8. Ive wanted velvet teddy for ages oh my goodness! would you reccommend it? Amazing post, I love your blog so much, it's amazing!! xx
    SunflowerStorms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would 100% recommend it! I've worn it a few times now - it's not drying at all for a matte lipstick and the shade is stunning! Thank you so much lovely :) x

      Delete
  9. Nyx is for sure one of my favorite makeup brands! Also I love the shade you chose! It's groegous and palette is just as good :) Great post ^^ <3

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of mine too, and has fast become my favourite drugstore brand because of the amazing quality! x

      Delete
  10. Everything in this post looks amazing! Your photography is so lush! You've made me want to go out and buy everything...I was supposed to be on a spending ban. Oh well :)

    Frances xx

    www.royallyrouge.com

    PS - Mind checking out my latest post? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances, that means a lot! Good luck with your spending ban! I've tried that so many times but then I'll read a blogpost and be persuaded otherwise! x

      Delete
  11. I have recently fell back in love with velvet teddy and it is just the perfect nude lipstick. That Makeup Revolution contour kit looks great, I really want to try it! Great post!
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Velvet Teddy is my favourite lipstick at the moment, it's the perfect shaade! You should definitely try it and let me know your thoughts! Thank you Grace x

      Delete
  12. OMG! Everything in this post is stunning! MAC Velvet Teddy has been on my beauty wishlist for a while now, I'm pretty tempted to juts go for it and buy myself one . . .I blame you beautiful photos haha! xx

    Mae ♥

    http://sweetasmae.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been on mine for such a long time now, and it definitely lives up to the hype! Let me know if you do get it, I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you ahaha! x

      Delete
  13. I never knew that NYX did single eyeshadows and at such an amazing price too, I may just have to pick myself up a few!
    -Olivia Xxx

    http://oliviaxalesha.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing, and so pigmented for the price! Let me know your thoughts if you try them Olivia! x

      Delete
  14. I've been wanting to try that contour palette but I'm not sure if I will use so many shades!
    www.borntobebright.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought before I got it, but it's so affordable - works out at £1 a shade and the pans are huge! I use all of the highlight shades, and I'm starting to use the contour shades more now too! I really recommend it! x

      Delete
  15. Ooooo I really want to try out the Zurich lip matte cream from NYX now! Loved reading this. XX
    www.sopherina.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice! It's pink toned but not too in your face, so it's lovely! Thank you x

      Delete
  16. NYX soft mattes are my fav!! Love the colours! xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am also totally obsessed with Velvet Teddy. It truly is perfect. Great post lovely.

    Thanks for sharing
    Steph xx

    Steph’s World | Lifestyle Blog | www.stephsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the perfect nude shade, and definitely lives up to its hype! Thank you x

      Delete
  18. Why have I still not bought Velvet Teddy?! Really want to try the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams too! x

    www.stephiebeau.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to! They are both two of my favourite lip products at the moment! x

      Delete