My 5 Favourite Pixar Films

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Something you may or may not know about me: some of my favourite films are Disney Pixar. I'm not a huge film lover, but the fact that I can list the year every single Pixar film was released in order is a skill I'm fairly proud of. Therefore I thought why not share my 5 favourite Pixar films with you!

Monsters Inc:
Monsters Inc is probably up in my top 3 favourite films ever, which may be considered silly because it's an animated film, but it was one of the first films I ever loved, and it still makes me happy to this day. The characters of Sully and Mike are so loveable, Boo is so cute and the ending will still always bring a tear to my eye, even though I've watched it countless times. Monsters Inc is a Pixar classic and if you haven't watched it already, go and watch it right now.


Finding Nemo & Finding Dory:
I count this as one because unlike most sequels, I enjoyed Finding Dory just as much as the original. Finding Dory made me cry (which isn't hard to be honest as I cry a lot at movies) and laugh lots, so although I've only watched it once, when it comes out on DVD I think I'll watch it many times to come.  I love the storyline of the original Finding Nemo; the animation of it is so impressive as well.

The Incredibles:
I think one of the reasons I like the incredibles so much is that Violet reminds me of myself. She's got long dark hair and she's shy, but throughout the movie she becomes more confident and less afraid to be herself. I really like the meaning behind the film and there are several lines throughout it that make me laugh, especially "Coincidence? I think not!"

Up:
Up has you crying within the first 10 minutes of the film, and for that alone it's worth the watch. Several of the Pixar films I mentioned have wonderful soundtracks but Up has my favourite. It's an emotional story, and Russell's character makes me giggle.


Inside Out:
Inside Out was never stand out hilarious and it didn't make me cry, but it made it into my top 5 because I loved its concept. The idea of the core memories and the islands who really determine the person you are, alongside the different emotions. The storyline and idea behind those are why I like this film so much.

I would love to hear what your favourite Pixar movies are in the comments!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. All the films you've mentioned are so good! I haven't watched the incredibles in a VERY long time, it's something I definitely want to rewatch before the summer is over! xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always end up watching it every now and again, just because I enjoy it so much! x

      Delete
  2. Monsters Inc. & Finding Nemo are two of my favorites. I also love Toy Story. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favourites too! I'm not the biggest Toy Story fan if I'm honest, aha! x

      Delete
  3. I agree with you on all of these! I recently saw Finding Dory and it was so brilliant xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I can't wait for it to come out on DVD, I laughed (and cried) so much in the cinema! x

      Delete
  4. I love pixar films! I am yet to see finding dory!
    Amy xx
    Amyrosexoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to go see it, it's amazing! x

      Delete
  5. I feel like I'm the only one that didn't see Finding Dory yet x Have to catch up on that x Anyways, great post x

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you defo need to catch up, haha! You're really missing out! Thank you x

      Delete
  6. My favourite part of Up is definitely the intro part, that in itself just makes such a beautiful mini-movie! And I absolutely adore Dug too, he's just the sweetest! I love the choices you made, but I'm super surprised none of the Toy Story films made it on, they're definitely my favourites :D

    Paris x
    http://lifeinflorals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The intro is my favourite part too! I love when Carl and Russell first meet Dug, that part is hilarious! Confession - I'm actually not the biggest fan of Toy Story! The third one was probably the best but I'm not so fond of them! x

      Delete
  7. I love all these films but I think Inside out is definitely my favourite, has me in bits every single time but it's also such a relatable story

    Claire ❤| My Little Memoir

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved watching the first few films when I was younger and now my sister's started watching them too! It goes to show how a great movie is loved by people of all ages ♡ Lily xx

    meetmeinmelford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete