The 1975 I Like It When You Sleep... | Review

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

As I mentioned in my July favourites, recently I seem to have only been listening to one album non-stop - that is The 1975's (insanely long titled) I Like It When You Sleep Because You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It.

I was really excited to get this album because I used to listen to the song The Sound, the first single from the album, all the time. After listening to a couple more tracks from the album on Spotify, I knew this was an album I needed to buy.

The album begins with the first track 'The 1975'. This is basically an intro to the album, similar to their first album. I don't really listen to this very often, but it is nice to have an intro to the album.

The first actual song on the album is Love Me - this is one of my favourites because I love the guitar riffs in it. Following Love Me is UGH! which has a similar sound to it. They work very well on the album next to each other. UGH isn't as exciting as Love Me and has more of an electro style - something present in a lot of The 1975's music.
A Change Of Heart is next, this is a lot more chilled out and relaxed compared to the other two and is a nice break; it's not my favourite though because I don't love the synth sounds after the chorus.

She's American is the fifth track on the album. If I had to pick one favourite off the whole album, I think I would have to choose She's American. It's an amazing song and it's so catchy I'm singing it for hours after I listen to it. My other favourites on the album include The Sound and This Must Be My Dream. I think these are my favourites because they are quite uplifting tunes.


I also love Somebody Else and Paris, two really chilled out songs. Nana is an acoustic style song, which is very different to the rest of the album. It's a contrast that I really like. There are a couple of tracks which don't feature much vocals, such as the title track. I thought these might be a little boring, and although I think I have to be in the mood for them, they are really impressively put together.

My only critisism of the album is the section of about four songs in the middle of the album between She's American and Somebody Else. I tend to skip these few songs, I'm not sure whether I just want to get to Somebody Else or I haven't given them a chance yet, but unlike the rest of the album I didn't fall in love them straight away.



I really like The 1975's latest album and I definitely recommend giving it a listen. I really like their 'aesthetic', the photos in the album booklet are really pretty and very handy in my blog photos, I may add! The 1975's sound is unique and one of a kind - if I was to hear one of their songs I would probably know it was theirs straight away, even if I had never listened to it.

If you have listened to this album let me know your thoughts in the comments!




You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I love the song somebody else but I haven't listened to any of the other songs in the album though which I really should! x
    -Alice
    alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Somebody Else too! You should listen to the rest though Alice, I recommend The Sound and She's American! x

      Delete
  2. I love this album so much - one of my faves of the year! My favourites are Paris, She's American and Somebody Else. I'm seeing them in December and couldn't be more excited! Loved the photos you took for this post!
    - Clare (stereo-clare.blogspot.co.uk) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Mine too! She's American is my favourite song off the whole album, but I love Somebody Else and Paris too! It's hard to pick a favourite because they are all so good! I am so jealous of you Clare, I would love to see them live! Have fun! x

      Delete
  3. I love playing this album! I can put it on repeat and not get board. Defo my favourite is Somebody Else x

    Everything But The Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I can't see myself ever getting bored of this album, aha! Somebody Else is definitely one of my favourites too x

      Delete
  4. I'm going to go listen to this album now! Love Me sounds really nice xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Me is great! I would love to hear your thoughts on the album when you've listened to it Laura x

      Delete
  5. I've listened to a few tracks on this album but certainly need to listen to more! xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Emsi, there are so many amazing songs on that album! Let me know your favourites when you listen to more! x

      Delete
  6. At first I skipped a few songs on the album but I let myself listen to the other songs when I was on a flight, and they are the ones I love the most. I recommend Loving Someone, The Ballad of Me and My Brain, and Ugh!. I love the 1975 so much.

    Christina/ thisfashiongirl.com

    ReplyDelete