The Truth About You Tag

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Recently one of my favourite blogging friends, Jade of Simply Jadey created a tag called 'The Truth About You'. Upon reading her post, I really wanted to answer the questions myself because they sounded really fun. There are 16 questions in all - 4 sections: 'about you', 'blogging', 'beauty' and 'random' with 4 questions in each.

About You:

1. How would you best describe yourself in three words?
I would describe myself as thoughtful, creative and caring.

2. What would you say is one of your biggest achievements so far?
Blogging is a big achievement for me, and something about blogging is that you're constantly achieving with it. Every lovely comment or milestone follower count I reach is a big achievement that I'm proud of.

3. What are some of your main hobbies?  
Blogging, playing piano and drawing are probably my three main hobbies. Drawing for fun is something I'm trying to do more of, because the past year it has become work for school rather than something I want to do.

4. What would you say is one of your favourite qualities about yourself?
I like that I am self-motivated, I will go and do things like revision and homework without having to be nagged and I like that about myself.

Blogging:

1. What/who inspired you to start blogging?
I have loved writing for as long as I can remember and when I started reading blogs like Zoella, I thought it was something I would like to do too - I love the idea of people being interested in what I have to say! At the time of starting my blog I really wanted to be a journalist so I thought it may be good experience - nowadays I have no idea what I want to do! I discovered the website Blogger and eventually learned how to work it, and here I am today!
 
2.  What do you find to be the hardest part of blogging?  
Constantly having ideas for blog posts is something I've always struggled with, I think that has to be the hardest part!

3. Who are some of your favourite teenage bloggers? 
There are so many bloggers I have been loving recently that I just couldn't mention them all in this post! Meet Me In Melford, Simply Jadey, Blossom Of Hope, Emsi Rose, Olivia Redfern and Thrifty Vintage Fashion are just a few of them, and I must mention all of the #teenage team girls who's blogs are all amazing!

4. What is your main blogging goal for the rest of the year?
Something I have always struggled with is posting twice a week, every Monday and Thursday. I've been working on it for at least a year now but I really am going to try to keep it up!


Beauty:
1. If you could only own one specific type of makeup product what would it be and why?
Oooh this is such a difficult question! Probably concealer because it's an essential for me to use on a daily basis. However I don't know how I would cope without a lip product and I really would miss highlighters and brow products!

2. If you had your own beauty brand what would you name it and what would you sell?
Interesting question! I would call it Erin Cosmetics because I'm not feeling very creative at the moment! I would sell a huge range of highly pigmented eye shadows which are a cult favourite, and have a range of lipsticks too because they would be my favourite thing to design. Of course, everything would have copper/rose gold packaging!

3. What's your go to, everyday makeup look at the moment? 
Recently I have been loving *attempting* contour and highlight, I also love copper and gold toned eyeshadows and matte lips - thanks to the NYX soft matte lip creams.

4.  Are you more of a high-street or high-end kinda gal?
As much as high-street products can be really good, I am certainly a high-end kind of girl! I think the quality of high-end products can be worth the price and I would rather buy one lovely high-end product rather than 3 not so good drugstore products for the same price!

Random:

1. If you created an animal, what features would it have? 
It would have to be small, pretty quiet and elegant, like a butterfly. I am not an animal lover so I would like to create something like a butterfly - although I would like them to have the life expectancy of a tortoise because butterflies only live for about two weeks!

2. If you could possess one talent, what talent would it be?
I would like to have extraordinarily good sight because I don't have the best sight and I wish I didn't have to wear glasses at concerts. I'd love to have bad seats at a concert but still have an amazing view because of incredible vision! In Jade's answer of this question, she chose invisibility which I also have to agree with - you could travel the world and go to concerts for free!

3. Imagine you're hosting a special event - what 3 celebrities would you invite and why?
I would first of all invite Danny Jones of McFly because he is the one celebrity I would love to meet the most. I think he would be hilarious and he is so talented it's unbelievable. Then I think I would have to invite Harry Styles because who wouldn't want Harry Styles at your special event? My third person would be Ellie Goulding because I think she is amazing and I would love to have a good chat to her.

4. If money was no option when it comes to the lifestyle you want to lead, but if you could only
live in one OTHER country for the rest of your life, where would you live and why?
   
I think I would have to choose USA because in one country you can do so many things, you can go to the beach, shop in the city or even do something like skiing - I love how all the states are different unlike the UK which is so similar everywhere because it's so small!

Thank you for Jade and Leonie for creating this tag and I would love to hear your answers to some questions in the comments!

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Thank you so much for doing mine & Leonie's tag! I love all of the answers that you gave, and I found it really interesting to find out things that I didn't know about you beforehand. If you were invisible, you could most definitely travel the world and go to concerts for free - I love how you included that little bonus haha!! ;) Also, your go-to look sounds so nice. You can't go wrong with copper, or gold toned eyeshadows and a matte lip!!

    Jade | simplyjadey.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Invisiblity would be amazing, if only we had it! I am loving matte lips at the moment, you really can't go wrong with them - I agree! x

      Delete
  2. Aw thank you for doing our tag Erin, I loved reading what you answered to the questions!☺️ I think that I would definitely shop at Erin Cosmetics haha, you can never have too many lipsticks or eyeshadows plus the rose gold/copper packaging would be so pretty😍 Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your questions so I had to answer them myself! I am obsessed with makeup in rose gold packaging! x

      Delete
  3. Having Harry Styles at your event/party would definitely make it a memorable one haha!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tag seems so fun! I love getting to know bloggers in this way lol. " Erin Cosmetics has a nice flow to it!! ;)

    Nikki O. | www.herdaringthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So do I, getting to know bloggers better is great x

      Delete
  5. Lovely TAG, its always great getting to know the blogger better! xx

    Mia | my-world-vibes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I know! I love getting to know other bloggers x

      Delete
  6. I loved reading this Erin and I feel like I know you lots better as a result of it! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love getting to know bloggers and I'm glad you enjoyed getting to know me better! x

      Delete
  7. Aw thanks! I love reading your blog posts as well xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading this! Harry styles at an event would be very memorable! I would love to take part in this tag! It helps get to know the blogger alot more. X

    Lauren | laurmatthews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It would, wouldn't it! It would be hard to top Harry Styles at an event! I love getting to know bloggers more so that's why I did the tag myself! Let me know if you do it Lauren! x

      Delete