SEVENTEEN First Impressions

Monday, September 05, 2016

 
I remember the first time I ever went into Boots to buy makeup. I bought most of my products from the SEVENTEEN counter and I loved them. When I discovered the SEVENTEEN blogger network I was beyond excited to see what it was all about. Today I'm sharing my first impressions of some SEVENTEEN products.

You may know that I have been loving matte lips recently, so I was very excited to try two of their new Mega Matte lipsticks, in the shades Rioja Your World* and Back To The Fuchsia*. I first of all must mention that I love the names SEVENTEEN have given to their products, especially 'Back To The Fuchsia' because it's a play on Back To The Future which I found quite quirky.
The lipsticks aren't actually drying at all and are really long lasting which I was pleasantly surprised about for a drugstore brand. I'm really impressed with the formula of them, I just wished the shade selection was a little broader because I am loving brown toned nudes at the moment and there isn't any of them in the collection. There are 12 shades in all to choose from, I just wish they included some less bold shades.


The Skin Wow 3-Way Highlighter* reminded me of Benefit's High Beam at first, a product I have loved and used daily for such a long time now. The only difference is it can be used as a primer as well as a highlighter, but I have only used it as a highlighter and apply it to the top of my cheekbones and my brow bone, just as I would with High Beam. It's slightly less pink toned than High Beam, probably because it can also be used as a primer. You get 30ML of product in the SEVENTEEN bottle for £5.99 compared to only 15ML in the Benefit product for £19.50, so I think the SEVENTEEN highlighter is a winner for me!

Swatches of lipsticks and highlighter:


I have never used a cream bronzer before so I was intrigued to try the SEVENTEEN Instant Glow Cream Bronzer*. The shade of the bronzer isn't too orange toned and also matte so perfect for contour. I also think that it's really easy to blend and very buildable. I think it will take me a while to get used to this product after only ever using powder bronzers before, but I reckon once I get used to it I will be using it a lot.


Have you tried any products from SEVENTEEN?

Products marked with a * have been sent for review. All opinions are my own.


You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Oooh I'd really love to try out the cream bronzer you mentioned! I don't think I've ever tried any Seventeen products but I hear it's such a great budget brand! Thanks for sharing xx

    Ciara Rose | www.ciara-rose.com | Subscribe via Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! The products are amazing quality for the price, I do recommend the bronzer! x

      Delete
  2. I've tried a few things from seventeen but it's just a counter i would never look at for some reason!

    louiselovesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was never a counter I spent much time looking at until I tried these products! Now I have been persuaded to look more often! x

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, Erin! I've never tried any products from Seventeen; I believe they are a UK based brand. Hopefully they'll make their way over to the states. Definitely want to try that bronzer! xx

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, unfortunately they are a UK based brand sold by Boots. Such a shame because I think you would love that bronzer! x

      Delete
  4. I love the high beam highlight but definitely do not want to pay that much again, will definitely make a purchase whenever I see this!! Thanks for sharing :)
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I know I'll be buying this one in future! Thanks for commenting Kathy x

      Delete
  5. The bronzer sounds great, I'll be checking that out along with their concealer next time I see their counter! Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried their concealer but I've heard great things about it! Maybe I'll have to pick that up next time I'm there too! x

      Delete
  6. I love seventeen products - you should really try the concealer and the liquid eyeliner, both are amazing x
    -Alice
    alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard so many good things about the concealer, I think I'm going to have to try it now! x

      Delete
  7. I used to love seventeen products! not used any for a long time, i need to try these out!
    ♡ chantelle | chanbelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I started trying other brands and seemed to forget about them so it's been really lovely to try them again lately! x

      Delete
  8. Lovely post, great products review!! xoxo

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  9. That highlight is so pretty! I love Seventeen products xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's such a stunning highlight x

      Delete
  10. Nice post! I really want to try out Skin Wow Highlight, it looks amazing.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is! Lovely highlight and so affordable, definitely worth trying! x

      Delete