What I've Been Loving In August

Friday, September 02, 2016

August has been a different month for me. I haven't been at school for the whole of it, so it seems to have gone really slow yet really quick at the same time, if that makes any sense! Today I'll be showing you what I've been loving this month.

This month I got MAC's Velvet Teddy, and you may remember in my first impressions post that I loved it as soon as I used it. Throughout August it has definitely become my favourite lipstick! I understand the hype about it because it is a stunning matte brown toned nude, my perfect lipstick shade and formula!


I've also been loving the Rimmel sculpt palette, in particular the contour shade. It's not that pigmented, but it's the most cool toned bronzer I've found; it's not orange toned at all! I actually quite like the fact it's not overly pigmented because it means I can't accidently apply too much! The blush in the palette is a really pretty coral shade but I'm not too fond of the highlight, it really lacks in pigmentation!


I hardly ever paint my nails, however this month because I've been off school I have really liked painting my nails with this Maybelline Color Show nail polish in the shade 'latte'. It's a nude polish so it's very subtle while providing a lovely glossy finish to my nails.

This month my Victoria Secret Love Spell body mist has been a firm favourite of mine. I've wanted to try a Victoria Secret spray for a long time, so when I heard they were selling them in Superdrug now I popped into my local store and chose the scent Love Spell. It's a really nice, fresh scent and I've been spraying it constantly this month!


I've read a few books this month (a post about them all will be coming soon!) but one I wanted to mention in my favourites is the fifth Geek Girl book, Head Over Heels. I've loved the Geek Girl books for ages now, they are my favourite series and I loved this one just as much as the rest. They always manage to make my laugh, and Harriet's wonderful character grew maturely in this book.


At the beginning of the month I went to see Lawson perform in my hometown. It feels so long since then that I almost forgot to include it in this post! I really enjoyed seeing them live because I've liked Lawson's music for years. I recommend listening to their new album Perspective, I love the song We Are The Fire on it. I listened to their song Standing In The Dark from their first album a lot this month, that song was so good live!

The other song I've been loving lately is Ellie Goulding's new single Still Falling For You. You'll probably know that I love Ellie's music if you read my blog a lot, I feel like I'm always mentioning her! Still Falling For You is quite possibly one of my favourite songs of hers now! It's incredible, I even think it's better than Love Me Like You Do and  definitely worth checking out!


What have you been loving lately? I'd love to hear in the comments!

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. Great post! I am super excited to get my Velvet Teddy back out for autumn, it is totally worth the hype! Victoria Secret sprays have been on my wishlist for a while now, I just never know what scent to get, thanks for recommending this one!
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's the perfect autumnal shade for me because I don't feel like I can pull of a berry lip, haha! I was recommended that one by so many people, I think you would really like it! x

      Delete
  2. I'm quite upset August is over, but I'm happy that Autumn in brewing so that's okay! I think velvet teddy is a beautiful lipstick, everyone just loves it don't they? My August favourite has probably been the song "walking on a dream" by empire of the sun- oldie but a goldie! It was definitily my summer anthem (:
    Lauren
    www.teastainedlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn is my favourite season! Yeah, I've never heard anyone not like it! I will have to check that out now! Thanks for commenting Lauren x

      Delete
  3. I have basically all the VS scents but I don't have Love Spell which is a classic!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's the first one I got but I really want to get some more now! x

      Delete
  4. great review! i am so glad i ordered the rimmel palette too:)

    jess x | https://wellwellgirls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ooh I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it! x

      Delete
  5. Love Spell is such a great scent! I haven't smelled anything like it! Love your blog! New follower :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Spell is such a great scent! I haven't smelled anything like it! Love your blog! New follower :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photos in this post, they are stunning! I really want to try a Victoria Secret Scent so I might try Love Spell xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Laura! Love Spell is the first one I tried and I love it, now I want more haha! x

      Delete
  8. Nice post! I am really tempted to get Love Spell as it smells amazing.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also have that Victoria Secret Spray!😍I love it x
    http://perks0fmaddy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! Thanks for commenting Maddy x

      Delete
  10. I love Victoria Secret Sprays, they look cute presented in my room haha Xx
    http://louiselovesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They have such cute bottles x

      Delete
  11. Nice picks! Everyone raves about Velvet Teddy. I'll have to pick that up next time I go into MAC :)

    Nicole | In The Life of NM

    ReplyDelete