Mini Duty Free Haul

Monday, October 31, 2016

I was very excited for the airport on the way to my holiday to see what was in the duty free shops. I picked up three beauty items I thought I'd round up and share in a haul post for you.

I firstly visited the MAC counter because MAC has to be my favourite makeup brand, although so far I only own their lip products they are amazing quality and the packaging is so sleek.






I headed straight to the lipstick stand of course, MAC lipsticks are incredible so how could I resist? I chose a matte lipstick in the shade 'Kinda Sexy' after swatching several shades. I've tried a few of MAC's lipstick finishes and decided I had to pick up another matte one - I love how matte lipsticks look and MAC's aren't very drying. I ended up choosing 'Kinda Sexy' because it's a little lighter and more beige toned than Velvet Teddy (my favourite lipstick ever) so I think I'll get a lot of wear out of it.





The next thing I purchased was also from MAC, I decided to pick up a lip pencil because I've never tried one from MAC before and I've heard great things about them. I picked the shade 'Subculture' a perfect nude shade because I thought it would go well with a lot of lipsticks, such as Velvet Teddy and my new purchase Kinda Sexy. I've used it a couple of times already and can say it's very creamy and easy to apply. It's so worth picking one of these up at duty free because it only costed my £10.40 rather than £13. I must mention how lovely these lip pencils look too, they are so sleek in traditional black MAC packaging.

I then had a look at the Bobbi Brown counter, a brand I've never tried anything from but wanted to for a really long time. I decided on a lipstick - yes, the third lip products, I am aware I have a little lip product obsession! I chose one of their luxe lipsticks in the shade 'Neutral Rose' because I thought that it is a really wearable rosy-nude shade.



When I got the lipstick out of the box when I arrived at my holiday I was in awe of its packaging. Oh my, THE PACKAGING! The lipstick is a stunning gold bullet, you can already tell it's going to be amazing quality from this. The Luxe Lip Colors retail at £25.00 in stores which of course is very expensive for a lipstick but it was £20.80 at the airport - still such a treat! It is definitely worth the price though, it looks and feels very luxorious and feels lovely on the lips. I was looking at their matte shades originally as I'm a little matte lip crazy at the moment, but I'm not too bothered this one isn't because it's a good change.

Swatches of the three lip products:


Have you bought any beauty items recently?


You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. That bobbi brown shade is so pretty a perfect Autumn shade

    Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Velvet Teddy so I bet Kinda Sexy would be right up my street! x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be, it's just a little bit lighter and still matte! x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post, that watch is stunning. I haven't tried too many MAC lipsticks or lip liners, the colour looks gorgeous though. Great haul and photos, thanks for sharing xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's the first MAC lip liner I've tried and I'm really impressed with it x

      Delete
  4. Duty free is the best thing about going to the airport and that Bobbi Brown shade looks stunning. Great post and the pictures are beautiful.
    Hollie xx
    holliethorpe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I love duty free shopping so much! Thank you x

      Delete
  5. Those lipstick shades are so beautiful, especially the Bobbi Brown one! Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Bobbi Brown one is my favourite too, it's just so pretty!x

      Delete
  6. I have bought quite a few bath bombs recently but that's about it! I love the shade of the MAC lipstick xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't bought any bath bombs in a while, definitely need a top up! x

      Delete
  7. Omg, everything you got is absolutely stunning, Erin! I love those lip colors- especially Kinda Sexy! Great post! x

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Kinda Sexy is such a nice lipstick shade x

      Delete
  8. Duty free is one of my fave things about the airport hah, I love the look of all those lip products and the shades are so pretty ahhh!
    Dalal
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It is my favourite thing about the airport by far! x

      Delete