Urban Decay VICE Lipstick Review

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Urban Decay are known for their wonderful pigmented eyeshadows and their Naked palettes, but something I found are less talked about are their lipsticks. After mulling over and swatching their lipsticks for quite some time, a couple of weeks ago I decided to get one in the shade 'Backtalk'.

The shade Backtalk is so unlike what you may have expected me to choose. If you are a frequent reader of my blog you may be aware of my current obsession of brown-toned lipsticks like MAC's Velvet Teddy. Of course, my eyes were drawn to the brown and beige toned nuded Urban Decay had to offer at first, but upon swatching and I decided they were much to similar to Velvet Teddy.
I needed a change, so I ended up choosing Backtalk. It's not too far from a nude lipstick, I would probably call it a mauve toned nude. It's really purple toned compared to my other lipsticks which before trying this I wasn't sure whether I liked but I think it's perfect for the autumn-winter time.



The VICE lipsticks come in many different finishes, ranging from Sheer to Metallized, but because I am loving matte lipsticks recently I had to make sure I tried one of the 'Comfort Matte' finishes first. I loved the idea of a comfort matte because this suggests to me that it won't be drying and it's true, they aren't! It feels really comfortable on the lips and to say it is matte, it applies really creamy. It's also really long-lasting.



I really like the packaging of the lipsticks too, they definitely stood out to me on their stand when walking past. So many lipsticks nowadays have black packaging, which is fair enough if it's from MAC, but I'm glad Urban Decay's packaging is much more original. The gunmetal bullet case with the Urban Decay logo is really nice and definitely fits in with Urban Decay's brand.


 
 Swatch of the shade 'Backtalk':




I am really impressed with Urban Decay's lipstick range, just as much as I am with their eyeshadows! I must have to try another of the VICE lipsticks soon. I would love to hear what your favourite product from Urban Decay is in the comments!


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Backtalk is a lovely nude!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just! Thanks for commenting Kathy x

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing. I now need to go and have a look Ellie || Elzita x

    www.elzita27.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Thank you so much for commenting Ellie x

      Delete
  3. Lovely pick! It's such a gorgeous shade. I've heard great things about UD Vice Lipsticks. I definitely need to check them out for myself :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is isn't it! You definitely need to go check them out Nicole x

      Delete
  4. Loving this shade Erin. I totally agree with you that UD lipsticks are not as raved as their palettes. Will definitely check this range out. Thanks for sharing! x
    Ninz | www.ninzbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete