My Perfect Lip Combo

Thursday, November 24, 2016

If you read a lot of beauty posts on my blog, you may have figured out that one of my favourite makeup brands (if not my all time fave) has to be MAC. Not only does their sleek black packaging look so good in my acrylic makeup storage, their products are amazing and always worth spending money on. Recently I've been loving wearing a certain lip pencil and lipstick from their brand together - it's just too good not to share!



The lipstick: MAC's heavily raved about Velvet Teddy. Those of you who have tried it will agree with me that it is truly amazing, it has to be my favourite lipstick ever. I've owned it a few months now and is still my go-to lipstick. Those of you who don't own it probably wonder if it lives up to the hype - my answer is yes! The shade is a brown-nude that I honestly think suits anyone. It's a matte lipstick but it really isn't drying. As much as I love my Urban Decay Comfort Matte, it can be rather drying on my lips when you compare it to a MAC matte lipstick. I don't think there are any flaws to Velvet Teddy, it's 100% worth the £15.50 and you won't regret purchasing it.



The lip pencil: MAC's Subculture is actually my first ever lip pencil from MAC. I wasn't sure how much better it would be than drugstore ones I've tried but I'm really impressed - it glides on and lasts a really long time. I chose Subculture especially to match Velvet Teddy but also because it works well with other lipsticks I own, such as MAC's Faux. Even if I'm running low on time I still make sure I apply it before lipstick because it makes applying it so much easier and makes sure the colour doesn't bleed.


Paired together the pencil ensures Velvet Teddy lasts a really long time - it's already long-lasting but using Subculture I know it will last all day. The two shades compliment really well and both products are definitely worth the purchase.




Do you own any of MAC's lipsticks or lip pencils? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I LOVE this lipstick, so so pretty. I wear it all the time, and I love how it goes with everything and on everyone. Such a universal shade! Never seen the lip pencil yet though will need to check it out :)

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been wanting to try this lipstick for such a long time. It looks so pretty!

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect combo! I really need to pick up Velvet Teddy. It's such a pretty shade!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love posts like this! MAC velvet teddy is such a popular one, and I can't say I've tried it! Photos are cute too x

    Kyia at WANDERLUSTGIRL// Come read my BLOGMAS posts!
    Let’s be BLOGLOVIN friends!

    ReplyDelete