being part of a studio audience...

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Lately I have been so busy - some things fun, some not so fun - that I've struggled to find time to take it all in. The past two weeks have been "mock exam weeks" for me and therefore I haven't had time to think about anything other than revision. My blog has been sidelined a little the past two weeks so you may have noticed less content up. I'm so glad they are finished now and I'm back to blogging properly! I'll definitely have to come up with a proper plan for blogging alongside GCSE's next year...
 
However, onto the more enjoyable reason for writing my post today. Something I had never done before was be part of a studio audience, but that all changed last Saturday when I got tickets to see a recording of The Voice Kids at MediaCityUK in Salford.
 
We booked our free tickets with the Applause store who run many studio audiences for shows such as The Voice and Britian's Got Talent, and they happened to be Priority tickets which meant I was guaranteed entry. They often oversubscribe tickets for shows to fill the studio, but priority meant you can get in no matter how many people show up. 
 
 
We arrived at the studios quite early due to the traffic being dead on the motorway - we actually ended up being first in the priority queue. After a while we were taken into the audience entrance and our phones were taken off us!
 
I headed into the studio and ended up with great seats at the side of the stage. I wish I could share photos but obviously photos were banned in the studio, but it was such an awesome moment so see the studio in reality. 
 
 
The judges of The Voice Kids are Will.I.Am, Pixie Lott and Danny Jones of McFly - the main reason I went of course! After being warmed up by the warm up guy Carl who was surprisingly really funny, a small group of people sat in our area were asked to stand in a line around the judges when they came out, so we quickly headed to where the judges enter the studio and formed a line. 
The door to their dressing room was open and I could see Danny through it as he looked out into the studio. I waved at him and he smiled and waved back, and I'm pretty sure he saw me going to my mum "He waved at me!! Ahhh!!" While this was all happening, Emma Willis was chatting away to the audience so it was a really surreal moment. The judges came out one by one and I managed to high five all of them.
 
 
The show itself was amazing, I was laughing so much my cheeks hurt throughout and there was also some emotional moments that even made me cry. All the kids were so talented, I was very impressed. I can't wait to see The Voice Kids air on ITV next year and I hope you tune in too!


*bottom three photos not my own, coutesy of itv & Danny Jones' Instagram.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Wow! It sounds like you had an amazing time, I've never done anything like that myself. What an experience! x

    Kate// itskaterose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so exciting!! x
    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so exciting! I never knew how people were part of the audience but now I do aha xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had an amazing time, it's something that has always seemed interesting, but I've never managed to get around to doing it! x Hopefully I will in the future.

    Jamie-Leigh x x
    http://www.missjamieleigh.com

    ReplyDelete