Christmas Day Makeup | collab with emsirose

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Today's post is a collab with the lovely Emsirose! She is one of my favourite bloggers so  I feel very happy to be doing a collab with today. We will be sharing with you our Christmas Day makeup looks - make sure you check out her blog after my post because it is amazing!

My face product of choice for today's look is the Bare Minerals matte powder foundation, along with their mineral veil powder. I chose these mostly because they are my favourites but particularly because it is matte so you won't look too shiny on all your Christmas photos! I also use my L'Oreal touche magique concealer alongside these. I actually purchased a new one of these lately because it is that good - I use it everyday because the shade 'Rose Beige' matches my skin perfectly.



I then use the makeup revolution Iconic Lights Contour palette to bronze and highlight my face - using the third from the left contour shade because this is the only one that isn't too dark or orange-toned for my face. However I do use the other shades as eyeshadows often, and because the pans are so big the palette is definitely worth getting! I also use a selection of the highlight shades, along with Benefit's high beam because I love a liquid highlighter and it is so pretty.




Onto the eyes - my favourite bit of the look! I am much more a girl who does more to the eyes and pair it with a nude lip, I just find eyeshadow so fun to do! I'm mostly using the Naked 2 palette, my current favourite. I'm using 'Tease' as a transition shade because I think it works so well!





I then actually work my NYX High Definition Glow Blush lightly over the top of that to bring a little bit of a burnt orange tone to it. It may be a blush but it wouldn't suit me at all as one, I actually bought it to use as eyeshadow because it's SO PIGMENTED compared to normal NYX shadows, it's incredible, and I have nothing that orange tone, that is really in right now, already.




I then add the shade 'Undone' from the Naked 2 basics palette in the crease - I'm trying this whole cut crease thing but I don't think I'm that great at it! I blend this out a bit with the NYX product. On the lid I really wanted a shimmery shade - it's Christmas after all! I opted for Chopper from the Naked 2 palette because it's the most shimmery of them all, but to keep in with the Christmas theme you could use Half Baked instead, a perfect gold shimmer.



I then finish of my eyes with mascara and as I mentioned earlier, decide to go for a more neutral lip. Of course red lips are very fitting for Christmas (I recommend SEVENTEEN's Rioja Your World) but because I feel I don't suit them that much I used my new MAC Pro-longwear lip pencil in the shade 'In Control'. It came with a MAC Christmas set so I thought this would fit perfectly with the theme - I may be writing up a whole post about the set in the near future! I used my Bobbi Brown Luxe lip colour in the shade Neutral Rose over the top, I thought this has a very luxurious feel on the lips so perfect for Christmas day.




What makeup will you be wearing this Christmas?
 
Link to: Emsi's Post

 

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I've always wanted to try the Urban Decay Naked palettes it's so pretty!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to! I have the Naked 2 & 2 Basics and they are so worth it! Next I want to try the Naked 3 because the pink shades are so pretty x

      Delete
  2. Loved seeing what you will be wearing on Christmas day! I really want the Naked 2 palette, it looks gorgeous! x

    Kate// itskaterose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Defo recommend it, it's so pigmented and there's so much choice!xx

      Delete
  3. I loved this post, Erin! I love the Naked shades- they're gorgeous. I'm not sure if I'll be wearing any makeup. I've started just wearing a hydrating mist and moisturizer from Tarte. It's incredible! Looking forward to your next post! x

    https://Guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love getting all dressed up on Christmas Day, but Christmas Eve is more of a lazy day for me! I'll have to check those out then! Thank you x

      Delete
  4. Great picks! I always forget to pull out my Naked palettes, especially the 2nd one. It's such a gem though!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely holiday makeup look -- I really like the shimmery eye and how well it balances the neutral lip! Typically I favor red lipstick but it's hard to eat a big meal without getting it all over!

    Xoxo
    Emily
    emilyhallock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post! Agreed with the cut crease topic- they always look so much easier to do in tutorials!

    Gabija | everylittlethingblog.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makeup sounds lovely! I really like the look of the lipstick and the highlight :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, I might have to try using the Naked2 palette. I tend to use the 3 more than anything. I do like the look you went for, though. :)

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great makeup choices lovely! I have not decided what I am wearing yet but hopefully it will be as fabulous as yours! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am dying to try the naked pallette! this look is gorgeous on you!
    Www.kizzimay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete