Festive golden lids and tips

Saturday, December 24, 2016


'Tis the season for getting out the shimmery gold shadows and glittery golden polishes.

I love a good gold eye look all year round but I feel like it's very seasonably fitting this time of year, especially by pairing it with some gold nail polish. Here's the golds I'm getting out to wear this Christmas season!


You're probably aware of my love of Urban Decay shadows, they are so gorgeous and pigmented. The palettes include a variety of shades but for a Christmassy eye look I take the shade 'half baked' which is found in both the Naked and Naked 2 palettes, all over the lid. Purchasing half baked in the palettes is useful because it comes with lots of complimentary shades (Tease in Naked 2 is a great transition shade) but you can also pick it up singular too.


Before I discovered Urban Decay's palettes I loved the gold shade from Maybelline's Nudes palette. It's surprisingly really pigmented and began my love of gold eye shadow. It's the perfect alternative to a high end palette because it comes with lots of shades that compliment the gold really well too. Rimmel's new Magnif'eyes palette is gorgeously gold toned with lots of orange and pink toned shadows that work really well together. Because gold tones are so in right now you are spoilt for choice in drugstores of palettes perfect for the season.

I'll probably be pairing my golden eye look with a nude lip, perhaps Bobbi Brown's Neutral Rose luxe lipstick (the packaging is gold after all!). Of course, if you felt really festive a red lip would be very fitting - I suggest SEVENTEEN's Rioja Your World Mega Matte.




Usually I just paint my nails with a Maybelline colour show nude polish, but for the season I decided to go a little different and hunted out my golden polish shades. I took a SEVENTEEN gold shade which is probably way too old but I don't buy nail polish often and gave my nails a couple of coats of this. I then took a gold No.7 Glitter Effects polish and coated my thumbs with this. I'm very impressed with both of these polishes because I've had them on a few days now and neither of them have chipped at all.


Will you be using gold makeup this Christmas season?

You Might Also Like

0 comments