my top 5 christmas films | collab with elzita

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Elzita's blog is one my favourites, she's such a lovely blogger and so I'm very happy to be doing a collab with her today! We had to post something Christmassy of course, so we are sharing our top 3 Christmas films! Due to being so busy over the past few weekends with revision I haven't actually got round to watching any Christmas films this year yet, but these are a few I'm certainly thinking of watching this year!

Elf: I feel like this is the one Christmas film absolutely everyone has watched at some point. I think the reason I like Elf as much as I do is because it is set in Christmas time New York which looks truly magical! I also find it hilarious how Buddy really has no understanding of a normal way of life, after living in the North Pole as an Elf since he was young. The story of him learning about how the real world works is very funny.

The Muppet Christmas Carol: This one has to be one of my favourites! I've watched it every year for as long as I can remember and although I didn't use to like this, it certainly has grown on me over the years - particularly because of the songs, some are even on my Christmas Spotify playlist because they make me feel so Christmassy! Plus this film is my favourite of the Christmas Carol adaptations so it's very useful for revising English Literature, haha!


Arthur Christmas: I've watched this one at school once or twice so although I don't know the storyline that well, I think the animation is so good - it's the only one on this list that's a full animated movie and I do love a good animation. Arthur's character is so loveable, definitely worth a watch.

Home Alone: I haven't watched Home Alone in yeaaarsss but because it's the most 'classic' Christmas film I know I had to include it. It's really funny to see how a child left alone would act around Christmas time - although I always think how on Earth would you manage to leave your own child at home!

Miracle on 34th Street: I am aware this film has a few different versions, I watched the 1994 version for the first time last year. It's one of those films with a cute storyline that makes me cry - not really that rare as I seem to cry at all films! The character Susan is such an adorable character and the storyline makes me believe in Christmas magic all over again.

What are your favourite Christmas films?

Ellie's Post: here

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Loved this post and thank you for the starting bit it mean a lot! And I need to watch Miracle on on 34th street x
    Ellie | Elzita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elf and home alone are two of my favorite holiday movies too! They instantly bring the Christmas spirit :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually never watched Elf before so I really need to change that this year! Two movies I basically watch every year are Love Actually & The Holiday :) I love snuggling up on the couch with a blanket & a cup of tea and watch either of those x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miracle on 34th street is my favourite Christmas film ever!! Susan is such a cutie and the film just has such a good message overall! x

    Kate// itskaterose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ELF is one of my favorites! My boyfriend and I are going to watch it tonight. Lovely post, Erin! x

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Grinch and Elf! I can't wait to start watching more christmas films, they always cheer me up xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Actually and Elf are my favourite christmas films,I watched both of them last weekend.Loved this post Erin! xx

    http://daisyypetals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete