the perfect beauty gift...

Tuesday, December 20, 2016


MAC's limited edition holiday collection, The Nutcracker Collection, sold out unbelivably fast this year and I had given up hope of getting an item until I was browsing MAC's website late on a Friday night and noticed they had restocked the Nude Lip Bag.

The set comes with a lipstick, pro-longwear lip pencil and vamplify lipgloss along with the stunning makeup bag too. It retails for £29 which is very good quality to say you get £49 worth of products inside.



I chose the Nude Lip Bag because it comes with 3 great wearable products. The lipstick included in the set, 'Magic Spell', is the only one of the three products to be limited to the set only. It's a cremesheen finish which although I don't like as much as mattes or satins it is a really nice everyday lipstick.




The bullet makes the shade look a bit darker than 'Velvet Teddy' - think more a 'Whirl' sort of shade - but because it's a cremesheen finish it isn't overly pigmented and isn't that dark. I think I'll get a lot of use of the lipstick because it's a lovely nude shade.


The lip pencil 'In Control' is my second pencil from MAC, although it is a pro-longwear one. I have heard things about these being much harder to sharpen so we will just see how I get on, but the lip pencil itself I am very impressed with. It glides on like a dream and is a really nice pink-toned nude shade. It feels so nice to use and I look forward to trying it with a few different lipsticks I own - I have already used it with my Bobbi Brown 'Neutral Rose' lipstick because they are a perfect match.





The final item the set comes with is the Vamplify lip gloss which I was most excited to try because I've never used anything like it. It reminds me of a liquid lipstick in how pigmented it is, yet is also like a lipgloss because it dries glossy and you can feel it while you wear it on your lips. I'm not even the biggest lip gloss lover but I like the Vamplify gloss because it's really easy to apply with the applicator. A lip gloss also makes a change to all the matte lips I've loved lately - it's a nice break!



The set comes with the shade 'Tuned In' a rosey brown shade that's darker than what I'd usually go for but I like it for this time of year. After trying this I'm certainly tempted to try some of MAC's other lip products than just their lipsticks!



Did you manage to pick up any of MAC's holiday items this year? Perhaps you are hoping to receive some this Christmas - I'd love to hear!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I remember on Twitter when you were trying to find out where you could get hold of something from the collection and I'm so glad you managed too! This set is gorgeous and I love the look of the lip gloss. x

    Kate// itskaterose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is such a great set :) Not only is the outer packaging so beautiful but the products inside rock too :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag it comes in is so cute!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete