Monthly Mixtape : January

Monday, January 30, 2017


New year equals a new blog post series! I've decided against doing monthly favourites posts this year on my blog, mostly because I feel like I just repeat every beauty post I've written during the month, in one big post. Therefore instead I've decided to post my monthly music playlist instead, since music is a big part of my daily life.

This month I have been listening to a lot of Little Mix, particularly the song Touch, their latest single. It's a great pop song and I've loved their Glory Days album as a whole this month. Ed Sheeran made his return to music this month, no doubt I've been waiting for this since he took a break last year. Shape of You and Castle on the Hill are two amazing songs I've listening to more than anything this month, I can't wait for his album in March.

I heard the song Charlemagne on Top Of The Pops at New Year and although my friends think I'm crazy for liking it I just like the guitar intro bit so much. While listening to this Spotify suggested the song Flame by Sundara Karma and I ended up adding this to the playlist too because it's really good. What You Know by Two Door Cinema Club has been one of my favourite songs for a while, their music is really feel good, worth a listen.


Can I Be Him is my current favourite James Arthur song but I'm sure I'll be adding his new single 'Safe Inside' to my February playlist. I've listened to Spotify's own Hot Hits UK playlist a fair bit this month, particularly the songs Don't Wanna Know and By Your Side by Maroon 5 and Jonas Blue respectively. These are a couple of my favourite songs in the charts at the moment.

You may remember I bought One Republic's Oh My My album this month and my favourite song on it is Future Looks Good, it's really inspiring. I also got Olly Murs' latest album and I've been listening to his latest single Years And Years a lot, I've always loved Olly's music and have been learning it for when I see him in August (although quite a while off yet!) Finally on my playlist is City Of Stars from the La La Land soundtrack, I went to see this at the cinema the other day and was blown away with how good it was, I love this song from it and I'm even trying to teach myself it on piano! I do love a good musical and the whole soundtrack from La La Land is really good.

 
 
 
What have you been listening to lately?

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Shape of you and castle on the hill have probably been my most listened to songs of January! I'm hoping to get tickets to see Ed this year! X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape of your by Ed Sheeran! I also heard the song Touch is supposed to be really good, but I haven't taken the time to listen to the song myself. That means I have to take time to listen to the song! In my january favorites, I actually added everything that I like throughout the month, including music, tv shows, etc. If you wanna check it out, it's on my blog! xxx
    www.ivefoundwaldo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving Little Mix atm too! Great playlist, I'll be sure to listen to the songs I haven't heard yet x

    Mae ♥

    http://sweetasmae.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I'm definitely into this series, I'm always on the hunt for new music to listen to haha! I've been loving the song Future Looks Good too but another is, strangely, Together In Electric Dreams which I heard on the TV and just thought was a good upbeat song haha. Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read more of this series! I am definitely going to listen to all of your suggestions as they all sound so good. Lovely post x
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete