The Perfect Nude Lip : NYX Lip Lingerie

Monday, January 16, 2017


You may remember my love of NYX's Soft Matte Lip Creams last year. They are really affordable and have lovely packaging however they did make my lips feel quite dry and they didn't last a really long time, so after a while I began to use them less frequently.

But my experience with NYX's soft matte lip creams didn't put me off wanting to try out NYX's other liquid lipsticks, their lip lingerie range. I'd heard great things about them, even that they were better than the soft matte lip creams, so I really wanted to check them out.


After swatching several of the tester shades they had at the NYX counter, I chose shade number 8, 'Bedtime Flirt'. I'd describe it as a rosy brown nude, comparing it to my MAC lipsticks it's half way between Velvet Teddy and Faux - not as brown as Velvet Teddy and not as pink as Faux. I like both of these shades a lot so it's nice to find a midpoint between them. All of the lip lingeries are nude toned shades, ranging from really pale shades to dark browns, there's a large variety to choose from suiting every skin tone.

Swatch of the shade:

Opening up the lipstick reveals quite a flat, long applicator which at first try I didn't think it was the easiest thing to use, but after trying a few times I actually find it quite useful. After applying the liquid lipstick it dries almost straight away which I am very impressed about, the Soft Matte Lip Creams took forever to dry. The lipstick dries to a matte finish, however I have to admit does feel a little bit sticky once dry, unlike other matte liquid lipsticks that feel like you've not got anything on.


The packaging of the Lip Lingeries is also really nice. The logo is pretty and photogenic and I love how you can see the product through the tube. 


NYX's lip lingeries last for a really long time once on and don't dry my lips at all which I'm really happy about. The shades are all really lovely and for £6.50 each, I think they are definitely worth trying out!


Have you ever tried NYX's Lip Lingeries before?

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I have been wanting to try NYX soft matte cream lipsticks (or whatever they're called!) but I'd heard equal amounts of bad reviews as good ones so I think I'll try out the lingerie collection instead! Great post. Kxx www.lifeinkateish.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen these but haven't tried them because I don't know which shade to chose!! This is such a pretty on though. Great post xx
    -Alice
    alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite all the hype around these, I surprisingly haven't tried these out yet. Mostly because I've read mixed reviews and how they're pretty drying. I didn't find the Soft Matte Lip Creams too drying on my lips, so if these aren't drying to you compared to them, I'll have to give this line a go! Thanks for sharing :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge // Enter My Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been dying to try some of the NYX Lip Lingeries, the colours all look so stunning! If only they were easier to find in NZ! Great post lovely x

    Mae

    http://sweetasmae.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have wanted to try out these lipsticks at some point! Your Photography is amazing by the way! Love Chloe-Rose xx

    check out my blog here: http://theawakenedindigo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete