What's In My Makeup Bag?

Thursday, January 26, 2017


Today's post is a collab with the lovely Kizzi May, one of my favourite bloggers I feel so lucky to have gotten to know over the past few months! When we decided to post a collab we instantly decided it had to be a beauty post, so we will be sharing what we've been using in our makeup bags lately.

The makeup bag: 

I love this makeup bag I got in my MAC nude lip bag set last December, it's so pretty. However it is a bit on the small side so don't expect I fit everything in this post into it - it's just for photo purposes only!


The primer: 

Although I am not a primer expert and haven't tried an awful lot of them, I love Benefit's Porefessional primer. It evens out pores, as the name suggests, and provides a great base for foundation.


The base: 

My foundation of choice is Bare Mineral's matte powder foundation. I much prefer powder foundation over liquid because it's so much more easily buildable and more natural too. I then have in my makeup bag the trusty L'Oreal Touche Magique concealer which I feature all the time because I haven't found a concealer I prefer! I'll then set this with my Bare Minerals Mineral Veil which matches the foundation.


For the face: 

Since I got my Benefit besties set for Christmas I've been using Benefit's products a lot, especially because all the products are mini size - perfect for the makeup bag! I've been using Benefit's famous Hoola Bronzer because it's a lovely matte brown contour shade, which I raved about recently here. Alongside this I popped in my makeup bag Benefit's High Beam, my favourite liquid highlighter.


For the eyes: 

I have a couple of palettes in my makeup bag at the moment, first being the Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics palette. This is in here because it's a great travel size and comes with 6 essential natural, matte eyeshadow shades. I also have my MAC custom palette which currently has 3 of the 4 spaces filled with the shades Naked Lunch, Blackberry and Cranberry. I plan on doing a whole post on my palette once I've filled it up soon because I'm actually very impressed with MAC eyeshadows. I also have the Benefit They're Real Mascara for the eyes and their Gimme Brow for the brows, particularly because they're new and are really good products.


On the lips: 

I have two lip options in my makeup bag, a lipstick and a liquid lipstick depending on how I'm feeling. The lipstick of choice is MAC's Kinda Sexy, a lighter sister of Velvet Teddy (it's also matte and wonderful just like Velvet Teddy) and NYX's Lip Lingerie in Bedtime Flirt is my liquid lipstick. This is a lovely affordable lip product and I did a whole post on it lately!


Make sure you check out Kizzi's post here! What's in your makeup bag?

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. How funny, we chose really similar lipsticks! Lovely post and I can't wait to collab with you again!

    Kizzimay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally LOVE my Naked 2 Basics. I was obsessed with the Lorac Pro Palette but it's blown me away! I need to try Benefit's Pore Professional too! Lauren | www.theyoproedit.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading about what's in your makeup collection. Bedtime flirt is one of my favourites at the moment too! X

    Kate// itskaterose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both Hoola bronzer and high beam, both my go to's!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved seeing what's in your makeup bag! I love the Hoola bronzer as well :)
    Amy x
    amyslifeblogs24.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely picks! I must try that L'oreal concealer. It sounds nice :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Benefit's High-Beam highlighter. Gorgeous! Lovely post, Erin! x

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look of your blog!

    http://enchantedclub.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love high beam! It's definitely one of my favourites xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was such a great post as always Erin! I really love your photography! Really want to try the NYX liquid lipsticks so much. xx

    www.ourfloralworldmail.wixsite.com/spakleandshine

    ReplyDelete