Glam Makeup Look | Collab

Thursday, February 09, 2017

glam makeup look

" glam:
informal
adjective glam
1. to be glamorous. "


Today's post is a collab with the lovely Lily of LilyMyaXo. She's a new blogger who deserves all of you going and following all her social medias - particularly her Instagram where I discovered her amazing blog! When we decided to collab we thought about what to post and decided on a glam makeup look.


What is a glam makeup look? Perhaps I had to google this a few months ago when they some of my favourite YouTubers, Hannah Renee and Rachel Leary started posting lots of them. Well, it's more out there than a natural makeup look, which is perfect for events and special occasions - or if you just feel like a really flawless look. 


glam makeup look

I'm first of all using Benefit's Gimme Brow on my brows to add to them and keep them in place, and then using my favourite concealer to prep my eyes.
I've decided to do a purple toned eye, beginning with blending MAC's blackberry eyeshadow in the crease. This is a matte purple toned shadow so a very good transition shade. In the outer and inner corners of the lid I've used NYX's 'Crazed' pigment - this is an amazing product and the reason why I've decided to do a purple toned look. It's a beautiful purple with specks of blue glitter in it and so much easier to use than I thought it would be.

glam makeup look
glam makeup look

I've focused the purple pigment the corners of the eye because I've based it on a halo-style eye. Therefore I needed a good highlight shade to go in the middle of the lid, and went for my go-to, the shade 'Verve' from the Naked 2, a stunning silvery shimmer which is so pigmented - just look at it!

glam makeup look

I've mirrored the lid on the lowerlash line too and added a darker shadow in the crease to add definition. I've actually used a combination of both Roller Lash and They're Real mascaras from Benefit on the lashes - this works really well because it provided both curl and volume.

glam makeup look
glam makeup look

Because the look is glam I wanted a really glowing highlight - High Beam by Benefit is my favourite liquid highlight because it creates a stunning glow. I've used this on my cheek and brow bones and dabbed the two lightest shades from my Makeup Revolution contour kit on top to really emphasise that glow.

glam makeup look
glam makeup look

Finishing off the look I'm using my Urban Decay 'Backtalk' lipstick - I decided this would match best with the eye look because it's fairly purple toned, but also still nude enough to not take away the attention from the eyes.

glam makeup look

Make sure you check out Lily's look here and let me know what you use for a glam makeup look!

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Ah i would love to try high beam -- I've tested it in store and wow what a gorgeous glow it leaves your skin with

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice! One of my favourite products, worth trying! You can pick up a mini version for about £5 I think too! x

      Delete
  2. I never knew if the NYX pigments were good or not but they look good here! Will have to pick some up and Crazed is such a nice shade!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure myself but I'm so glad I tried one! Really want to get more now! x

      Delete
  3. The makeup look is just stunning! Love the shades you used for the eyeshadow!

    Check out my recent?

    Alice x
    girlabroad.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the definition bit you put at the start hehe! Fab post x
    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty eye look and the Nyx pigment is seriously beautiful! Need to get myself some of those. x

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for collabing with me Erin! I really enjoyed your post and that Nyx pigment looks amazing!

    www.lilymyaxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's so good, I would really recommend checking them out! x

      Delete