Lip Care Essentials

Thursday, February 02, 2017


Keeping your lips hydrated throughout the day is important all times of year, but particularly hard in the winter and I've definitely felt the struggle this year. Therefore today I've rounded up my favourite products for stopping your lips for feeling too dry in the winter months.


Lip Scrub | First of all, a lip scrub is an essential to keep your lips smooth and prepped for using other lip products. But believe it or not, I didn't even use lip scrub until this month, and what a difference it has made! I popped into Lush at the start of January and picked up the Bubblegum lip scrub, it's worked wonders! It's made my lips feel so much nicer and less dry, plus it smells absolutely divine too!


Lip Balm | Following on from my lip scrub I'll make sure I apply one of my favourite lip balms. Usually, I opt for a Baby Lips Dr Rescue balm from Maybelline - these are amazing. I used to use the clear one every day but I've started using the shade 'Pink Me Up' instead because it has a really nice pink tint to it.
I'll also make sure I keep a lip balm in my school pocket so I can reapply during the day. The lip balm I've been keeping in my pocket at the moment is the Nivea Pearly Shine lip balm which I got in a set from my friend for Christmas. I wouldn't say it's quite as moisturising as Baby Lips but it does have a really nice sheen to it.


Non-Drying Lip Products | On days when I've wanted to wear a lipstick I've recently been opting for less drying options. I love my Urban Decay comfort matte lipstick but it actually isn't very comfortable and rather drying on my lips! Therefore I've been avoiding it a little lately which is a shame because it's a stunning shade.
Instead, I've been wearing my MAC lipsticks pretty much all the time because I know they are guaranteed to not dry out my lips. Even their mattes aren't drying, but I've particularly been using their Cremesheens instead because they are lovely and creamy feeling. If you're after a non-drying liquid lipstick and an affordable product I recommend Maybelline's Vivid Matte Lipsticks, these really surprised me because even though they are matte they feel very nice on the lips.


What do you do to take care of your lips in the winter months?

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. The lush lip scrub is one of my favourites and I love Mac creamsheens too! Modesty is one of my favourite shades! X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try Modesty! Thanks for commenting Kate x

      Delete
  2. Hey! Happy Friday! I have been having huge problems with dry lips and think a scrub may be the best way to go as lip balm isn't helping- and the LUSH one does look good. Just to let you know I’ve nominated you to take part in the Mystery Blogger Award! The questions and information are over on my post: http://lydia-eve.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/today-i-thought-id-do-something-bit.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I was exactly the same so I was really glad I got the Lush scrub! Thanks so much lovely, checking it out now! x

      Delete
  3. It's no secret I'm a huge Lush lover, so the lip scrubs are some of my absolute favourites! Fab post, I love the bubblegum scent too <33
    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my Lush lip scrub, sadly I am almost out, going to have to pick up a new one. Loved this post!
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow these are such fabulous picks!!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete