Two New MAC Lipsticks

Sunday, March 05, 2017


I'm not even kidding when I say I seriously need to put myself on a MAC spending ban. In particular their lipsticks, because recently I've purchased not one, but two new shades to add to my collection - Modesty and Honey Love.

I bought the first of which on a trip to Liverpool when of course, the first place I headed was to the MAC shop - whenever I have bought anything else from MAC I've bought it at a counter somewhere like Selfridges so I was really excited to get something and carry it around in a MAC bag all day (it's the little things in life).

After covering my whole hand in lipsticks I decided on Modesty. I have been mostly buying mattes recently so Modesty, a cremesheen finish, will be a change to what I've been using lately. Modesty is a pink nude shade so it's very wearable for everday, especially being a cremesheen. It feels really nice is long wearing although obviously not as pigmented as a matte, as you will tell with the swatch at the end of the post. I am really pleased with Modesty and would recommend it as an everyday lipstick shade.


Then when we got back from Liverpool me and my mum decided to make an online MAC order - she chose Blankety (which is really lovely, by the way) and I chose Honey Love. I have wanted Honey Love for a while but I've never found it on a stand. It's such a me-shade I think, a matte beige toned nude. I was cautious about how similar it might be to Kinda Sexy but it's a lot more beige thankfully. Honey Love is quite a 'your lips but better' kind of nude because of its rose undertones; it's subtle but really nice. Plus, it works perfectly with my Subculture lip pencil.

I really recommend MAC's matte shades as well because they aren't drying at all! I now own three nude mattes of theirs: Velvet Teddy, Kinda Sexy and Honey Love, they are all beige-brown toned nude sisters and yet they are all still different and beautiful.


I then swatched the two lipsticks to show the shades. I can tell when swatching how much cremier Modesty is being a cremesheen.


Whats your favourite shade of MAC lipstick?


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Modesty is such a lovely shade and one of my favourites- it was actually my first Mac lipstick! Honeylove looks like a gorgeous shade too, will have to swatch it next time I'm in Mac. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Patisserie was my first one and it's a really nice shade to have begun with. Make sure you do Kate, I'd love to know your thoughts! x

      Delete
  2. Oh these are gorgeous, I absolutely love modesty. I also need a spending ban hahaha!

    Beckie xo // The Pale Tails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Yep, I've spent way too much in MAC this month than I want to admit to! x

      Delete
  3. I've recently bought Modesty too and I love it! Such a wearable everyday colour!

    Hanney | Blog About Hanney 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's super wearable because it's a cremesheen as well x

      Delete
  4. These shades are gorgeous! I've not heard much about Modesty. I'll def be checking them out the next time I'm at MAC.

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honeylove has been on my wishlist for so long now! I may have also added Modesty now too, as that colour is beautiful! x

    http://luxuryblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Honey Love was on my wishlist for so long so I'm so happy to own it now! x

      Delete