Monthly Mixtape : May

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

monthly mixtape may

As it's nearing the end of the month, today I'll be rounding up all the songs I've been listening to this month! May has been a pretty full on and hectic month for me but I've still managed to discover a few amazing tunes this month.

The first songs on my playlist from this month are the songs Sign Of The Times and Sweet Creature by Harry Styles. Harry's new music has dominated this whole month for me as his album came out on 12th May, but he released these two songs early which is why they ended up on my Spotify playlist before I got the album.
Sign Of The Times and Sweet Creature are two amazing songs off it, although not my favourites - but you'll hear more about that in my review of this album going up next week! I cannot begin to tell you how much I love his new music though.

Another One Direction solo single on my playlist is Niall Horan's Slow Hands. As I've heard it more and more it has definitely grown on me; it's very different to This Town so was unlike what I was expecting but I do like it and can't wait to hear what else Niall comes out with.

A song I mentioned on my last monthly mixtape but I decided it's so good I have to share it again is Shawn Mendes' There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back. This has been one of my favourite songs lately because it was really good live and is such a feel good tune. I'm so proud of how well it has been doing in the charts lately as well!

You may remember that I went to see The Vamps this month and at the end of last month, their single Middle Of The Night was released. Personally, I don't like their newer sound with the collaborations with DJs as much as their older music but Middle Of The Night has grown on me a lot since I first heard it.


Ellie Goulding is one of my favourite artists and therefore I was intrigued to listen to her new single with Kygo, First Time. I have to admit that I prefer her other music more and even previous collaborations with people like Calvin Harris, but since it is Ellie I do like it regardless. Perhaps I'm just not the biggest fan of the lyrics? I'm not sure but it isn't my favourite song she has ever brought out.

Another collaboration with Kygo on this playlist is It Ain't Me with Selena Gomez. I surprisingly prefer this song than his collab with Ellie which I wish I didn't but I guess I like the lyrics a lot more and it's a really nice chilled out song for this time of year.

The final song of my mixtape for May is the song I am currently obsessed with, Hard Times by Paramore. I've never liked any of their music before but I just love how summery and catchy this song feels and it is just my favourite sort of music. The vocals really aren't the best but I ignore that because the music itself is really good.


What have you been listening to this month?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I've been really loving shaun mendes lately! His voice! Beauty Candy Loves
     

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! He is amazing, and also that good live! x

      Delete
  2. I'm OBSESSED with Harry's Album, in fact, I'm listening to it right now haha xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how much Paramore have changed!! x

    www.oliviaetc.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I didn't know much of their older stuff but I've listened to it a lot recently and they really have! I like it though x

      Delete