NYX Pigments : Hit Or Miss?

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

nyx pigment review everything erin

I have always wanted to try one of MAC's famous pigments, however before spending £16 not knowing if I'd even like them that much, I decided to try NYX's alternative for less than half the price. I wasn't sure how I would use them or if I would even like them at all, so today I thought I'd share my opinion if you are also feeling like branching out and trying a pigment.

I so far own two of the shades from NYX pigment collection, which boasts an impressive 24 shades, ranging from beautiful neutrals to bold out-there shades.

nyx pigment review everything erin

The first shade I picked up was Crazed, a purple/burgundy with blue reflects. I branched out a little for my first pigment and I am so glad I did to enjoy the pigment in full beauty (you may remember me using this one in a glam makeup look not too long ago!) The other shade I now also own is Magentic, a silver, which I picked up because I thought it would work well to create cool toned look with along with Crazed.

nyx pigment review everything erin

Applying the pigments to the lid was much easier than I imagined it would be. After removing the lid the pigment is enclosed by a plastic sifter however I *carefully* removed them because it hardly came out through the tiny holes. Once that was off I would dip a small flat brush in and after tapping away the excess back into the pot, applied it to the lid.

nyx pigment review everything erin

Being called a pigment, you would obviously expect the highest pigmentation from these and they certainly didn't disappoint me. Once applied to the lid they are stunning shades which I like to blend out with a clean blending brush for a less out-there finish.

nyx pigment review everything erin

Is there a downside to these pigments? You obviously have to be careful not to get them everywhere, but I think that goes without saying. My greatest downside is that they are only stocked at the bigger NYX counters, my local NYX stand doesn't stock them yet which makes me really sad - and quite possibly why I only own two so far!

nyx pigment review everything erin

I definitely think NYX's pigments are a hit and recommend them if you feel like something different than an eyeshadow palette! I'd love to hear your thoughts if you've tried them, or if you've tried MAC pigments because I also would love to try those now too!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I've been wanting to try these so I'm glad to hear they're nice!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, you should definitely try them! x

      Delete
  2. I've tried these and the Mac ones, to be honest there's very little difference (in my opinion!). Great post, enjoyed reading it 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know! Thank you x

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you wrote this Erin as I've been undecided on whether to buy these for the longest time now! I'll definitely give them a go though, they sound amazing and I love the shades you have. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you found it helpful! I really think you would like them Kate x

      Delete
  4. I own a few of these and find that some of them are better than others. Glad you like 'em though :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones I own I really like! Thank you Nicole x

      Delete