My New Favourite Palette : The Naked Ultimate Basics

Thursday, June 08, 2017


As soon as I saw Urban Decay's Naked Ultimate Basics palette - with twelve exclusive matte shades encased in the most stunning rose gold package I've ever set eyes on - it was right at the top of my wishlist. I'm so happy to finally own it and after a few weeks of having a good play with all the shades, I thought I'd share my thoughts about it with you!

The palette opens up to two rows of six shades. I've been loving matte eyeshadows recently so I felt the fact all the shades are matte was perfect for me (apart from the highlighting shade Blow, what Urban Decay call a demi-matte).


The shades are varied yet work really well together and I'm really glad so many of them are unlike what I own already - particularly the purple-tones in the top left, Instinct and Lethal. Instinct is beautiful for blending into the crease or lower-lash line and Lethal is great for smoking out a look, although you need hardly any because it's so pigmented!

The pigmentation of this palette, along with my other Urban Decay palettes, is something that has always impressed me. The shades feel amazing quality and are really blendable, therefore totally worth the price in my opinion. I've tried other highend and also drugstore shadows and Urban Decay is always the brand I come back to because the pigmentation has never been beaten for me.


The shade that really stands out for me in this palette is Extra Bitter, a beautiful burnt orange. I was looking forward using it when I saw it in the pan but oh my, nothing could prepare me for how impressed I was when I used it on my lid the first time. I'd even go as far as saying this is my favourite eyeshadow ever, particularly when I'm going to do a brown-toned look I love to add some of Extra Bitter to the outer corner. Again like the shade Lethal you don't need a lot because the pigmentation is insaneeee!


The shade I've used the least so far is Magnet, the grey second from the right at the bottom. When using it I came to find it is really nice however since the rest of the palette is what I would say more warm toned it doesn't tend to work with the rest of the shades as well. The shade I have used the most is Commando because I've found it to be the perfect transition shade for me, followed by Tempted at the right of it.

The palette also comes with a brush; I've not used it an awful lot but I do find the stumpier end comes in handy to blend out the lower lash line.


Swatches of some of my favourite shades, from top to bottom: Instinct, Lethal, Extra Bitter, Faith and Lockout. I don't think Instinct and Lethal look as plum toned on camera as they do in real life. The swatches are really to show the amazing pigmentation - the swatches only took a couple of swipes to look so vibrant.


The Naked Ultimate Basics is definitely a staple in my everyday makeup now, especially because of the variety of day and night looks you're able to create with just the one palette.

What's your favourite Urban Decay Naked palette?

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. This pallet looks gorgeous 😍 Lovely post !! Jade from 2 Peas In a Pod Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this palette, I've been using it so much recently. The shades are just perfect for my everyday looks. x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I love how adaptable it is for everyday and darker looks x

      Delete
  3. I could see why you like this palette so much. It's a beautiful one!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it? Thanks for commenting Nicole x

      Delete
  4. This palette is stunning!! And your photography is amazing ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really wanted to get a Naked palette for ages but so far I've not been able to justify the cost! These look great though and it's so tempting to get it!!

    Lauren :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are expensive but I cannot tell you how worth it they are! x

      Delete
  6. I have never owned a Naked palette but I've always wanted one because I am a sucker for nude colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would really like them then! They are so gorgeous and amazing pigmentation x

      Delete
  7. This palette has every shade that I would ever need since I'm pretty much a neutral gal haha! Definitely need to buy this it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Extra bitter looks so stunning!

    www.oliviaetc.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is, possibly one of my fave eyeshadows ever! Thanks for the comment Olivia x

      Delete
  9. Really pretty palette!

    carolinasmakeuplife.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete