The Denim Jacket

Monday, June 19, 2017

the denim jacket everything erin

For a while, I had been tempted to purchase a denim jacket for the spring and summertime, so while browsing the New Look website (since they are the queens of jackets n all) I, of course, found this light blue oversized denim jacket I had to invest in.

In truth, I actually preferred the darker blue shade at first but since they didn't have my size available, I opted for the lighter option and I am now so glad I had to. I love how versatile the jacket is - it's perfect for spring because I've worn it over a sweater when it was a little cooler and over only a Tshirt on a lovely warm day.

the denim jacket everything erin

The ripped details on the jacket add a little edginess which I like and the oversized style makes it more comfortable than some denim jackets. Because denim can sometimes be a stiff material I find fitted denim jackets can be a bit uncomfortable and so I don't wear them that often. My jacket's oversized style makes it much more baggy and comfortable, while the material is a good quality and feels soft for denim which is really pleasing being from affordable New Look.

the denim jacket everything erin

I've been loving wearing it with my black ripped jeans from Miss Selfridge which I picked up at half price on sale from my local Debenhams' Miss Selfridge section a few months ago. They were such a steal because I already love Miss Selfridge jeans and they work great with my new jacket.

the denim jacket everything erin

Also lately I have picked up this white T-shirt from Topshop. It was £22 so at first I was undecided due to how basic it is but it is so me and I know I'll get a lot of wear out of it. The lace details at the bottom and on the sleeves add a little girly touch to the top and I love how they do it in multiple colours - I just had to pick the white one up because let's be honest most of my Tshirts are white and apparently I won't be branching out anytime soon (it goes with absolutely anything okay).

the denim jacket everything erin

What trends have you been loving this season? I'd love to hear in the comments!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I've been dying to get my hands on an oversized denim jacket...I wish I'd looked on New Look when I placed an order earlier because this one is completely perfect for me.
    Alicia x
    Aesthetic Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a shame! If you're ever in a New Look store I usually see it in the shop as well. Thanks for commenting! x

      Delete
  2. I love a good denim jacket! I've recently built up a bit of a collection and love an oversize one but a black denim jacket has been my go to recently
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'd love a black one but since I wear black jeans so much I feel like that would be too much black, aha! x

      Delete
  3. It looks like a really good style and it seems to really suit you! I don't own any denim jackets....

    Lauren :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pictures, Erin! They turned out so good! I'd swear they're professional. Lovely post! xo

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I got so excited reading this because we definitely have similar taste in clothes ahaha! I own two ripped black jeans from Miss Selfridge, which is my favourite shop! I saw that white top in TopShop and I really wanted to purchase it with that embroidered denim dress! Although I did also notice a lovely looking ripped denim jacket in there as well :)

    Meg x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want a denim jacket for spring and summer but I didn't think to look on New Look, definitely will have a browse now! Thanks for sharing!xx
    Grace Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm desperate for a denim jacket so I'll have to check New Look out! Lovely post keep up the good work ❤

    ReplyDelete